General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth

and here's a question- what insurance covers you when you participate in one of these events in an otherwise street-legal car? do they sell temporary insurance at these events?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Typhoon43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloneyflaps View Post
and here's a question- what insurance covers you when you participate in one of these events in an otherwise street-legal car? do they sell temporary insurance at these events?

You have to talk to your agent but you can get clauses added. I know some guys that can race at sanctioned events and other things like this as long as they don't race side-by side. 90+% probably don't have coverage though. Racing is a risk anywhere. Sometimes you just have to pay to play...and after watching how many 100k+ cars launched blocks or smoked trannies that day, it seems paying was the cool the thing to do

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon43 View Post
90+% probably don't have coverage though.l:

that's pretty much what I assumed. That's got to be a rude awakening when someone tries to make a claim on their insurance after wrecking out at a track. What do you mean I'm not covered!?

For that matter, even a little innocent street racing ie: a fast takeoff from a stoplight can be used as a basis to deny a claim. Lead foots beware.

4byTacoma

That must have been a ton of fun to attend. Thanks for the pics.

DopefishLives
The Artist Formerly Known As StratocasterMaster, I was so [H]ard Kyle could feel it in Texas and got

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon43 View Post
Justin is a badass in the Ford World, no doubt. The Mustangs just never really showed up on Saturday. I saw at least 3 or 4 Turbo'd Coyotes running and they just kept getting spanked. Granted, traction was non existent, so you had to make a reeeeeal slow runout before you could hammer down. The turbos just spun up too fast in the cold air and they roasted their tires on pretty much every run I saw.

They were out for sure! Rick was running the GT350 to see what sort of tweaks Justin could eek out. That car looks promising, even stock.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.