General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

luke_skywalker
I LOVE NINTENDO AND SCT OWNS ME IN Q3. FUCK.

Rumble adds alot to games and makes them more realistic. For example playing a racing game and getting hit from somewhere that isn't in your view. Same thing for jet sims and space sims, you know you are getting hit even when there is no visual indication. Also when your playing fps and get hit from another direction other than your vision range. The list goes on and on.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

teh scud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooninites View Post
It would be different if they said something like "yea we know we fucked up, but now we're fixing it"

Instead they say things like originally "You don't need rumble, it's a last gen feature and we're next gen" and then say "oh we're revolutionizing it with...ummm 'not-rumble' yea that's it!"

so wait... you mean they're a lot like nintendo and microsoft in that respect!

nintendo:
"online is a fad"
"we're all about online!"

microsoft:
"1080p is not needed"
"1080p is cool now we support it!"

"HDMI is not needed"
"HDMI is cool now we support it!"

"you don't need a bigger HDD than 20GB"
"buy our 120GB HDD!"

people need to realize that PR speak is PR speak.

Last edited by teh scud; 06-30-2007 at 01:47 PM..

theNoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh scud View Post
microsoft:
"1080p is not needed"

"HDMI is not needed"

"buy our 120GB HDD!"

1. 1080p ISN'T needed, and the fact they added the feature doesn't change what they said one bit.
2. HDMI ISN'T needed, and the fact they added the feature doesn't change what they said one bit.
3. A bigger HDD than 20GB ISN'T needed, and the face they added a larger one doesn't change what they said one bit.

Options my friend. I'm using a 20GB 360 in 720p and no HDMI. Works perfectly

Sorry, but you're stretching here. I'm not saying that companies don't say one thing then do another, but these are terrible examples.

To comment about the thread ... too little too late. Sony already blew their chance this gen and there isn't any one gimmick they can swing now to save face. The only chance they have is a price drop. But even then, most of their exclusives are lost now.

Last edited by theNoid; 06-30-2007 at 04:18 PM..

CheeseBiscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by theNoid View Post
1. 1080p ISN'T needed, and the fact they added the feature doesn't change what they said one bit.
2. HDMI ISN'T needed, and the fact they added the feature doesn't change what they said one bit.
3. A bigger HDD than 20GB ISN'T needed, and the face they added a larger one doesn't change what they said one bit.

Sorry, but you're stretching here. I'm not saying that companies don't say one thing then do another, but these are terrible examples.

To comment about the thread ... too little too late. Sony already blew their chance this gen and there isn't any one gimmick they can swing now to save face. The only chance they have is a price drop. But even then, most of their exclusives are lost now.
I'm pretty sure rumble isn't needed either though. Like all the above, it's nice to have, and I'm sure that's the point.

teh scud

Quote:
rumble isn't needed. most people love the wavebird but don't even notice it is missing rumble. i was paraphrasing MS btw.

MS stated that 1080p was "meaningless" this generation, and then turned around to add support for it.

MS has been quoted saying they wouldn't be releasing a bigger HDD, and that they suggest users get a second 20GB HDD for another $99.99 if they need more space (primarily for the video download service) .

how does this change what sony said, but none of those changed what microsoft said? it's the same fucking thing.

Quote:
let me know when you escape from the fog.

arimanius

Quote:

nintendo:
"online is a fad"

microsoft:
"1080p is not needed"

"HDMI is not needed"

"buy our 120GB HDD!"

You're right, all companies do it. What rubbed me the wrong way with the rumble was the way they said it. Tack on their fanatical fans and Sony gets no sympathy from me on this issue. Don't get me wrong, I am excited that they are adding it back and maybe with some improvements. But all companies need to stop talking to it's customers like we are a bunch of idiots. Then maybe people won't be so cynical about everything they say.

Quote:

PS3 hasn't even been out for a year yet and you're calling it a failure.

Remember it took MS a good year to year 1/2 to get some great games out and some needed features built into live. Now MS didn't have competition when it was released so Sony may have a harder time making up ground, but they still have name recognition and several big franchises that appear(for now) to be staying put.

hopesfall
For a 13.8k, I sure am a fucking retard. Breaking and entering is my life. PS: FUCK YOU GENMAY!

christ let it go.

arimanius

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopesfall View Post
christ let it go.

But this gives me something to do while my wife plays Paper Mario and makes me shitty mixed drinks.

Mooninites

Quote:

nintendo:
"online is a fad"

microsoft:
"1080p is not needed"

"HDMI is not needed"

"buy our 120GB HDD!"

Well I don't see myself defending Microsoft *or* nintendo in my comment, so I don't see why you think I don't believe all that PR speak is a bunch of retardedness

The Internet
Invented by Bob Dole. Get of Bob Dole's internet. Bob Dole Comands it. Bob Dole

How about they spend more time and effort on reducing the cost of making the ps3's so that they can reduce the price of them in the shops so i don't have to sell my family to buy one.
5bb111fc1aa058e1283875b86b1a571c

WickedAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Internet View Post
How about they spend more time and effort on reducing the cost of making the ps3's so that they can reduce the price of them in the shops so i don't have to sell my family to buy one.

That's probably going to happen this year. The fact that their executives are even acknowledging the possibility of a pricedrop is a bit odd in itself (They usually don't do that as the people who hear it will undoubtedly wait on the pricedrop even if it isn't going to happen anytime soon).

The games and features are there. The hardware is there. The firmward support is there. The internet play is, for the most part, there. The only drawback is the price.

luke_skywalker
I LOVE NINTENDO AND SCT OWNS ME IN Q3. FUCK.

Quote:
rumble isn't needed. most people love the wavebird but don't even notice it is missing rumble. i was paraphrasing MS btw.

MS stated that 1080p was "meaningless" this generation, and then turned around to add support for it.

MS has been quoted saying they wouldn't be releasing a bigger HDD, and that they suggest users get a second 20GB HDD for another $99.99 if they need more space (primarily for the video download service) .

how does this change what sony said, but none of those changed what microsoft said? it's the same fucking thing.

let me know when you escape from the fog.

No one cares that the wavebird is wireless anymore. People where happy simply cause it was one of the first quality wireless controller. The lack of rumble was easily forgiving.. Now most wireless controllers have rumble. Btw the 360 pad blows the wavebird away. It wasn't even that great in the first place. Horrible d-pad, stupid camera stick instead of another analog and a different number of shoulder buttons on each side.

Last edited by luke_skywalker; 07-01-2007 at 08:45 PM..

Disarm

Quote:

there were nothing wrong with his examples.

The Internet
Invented by Bob Dole. Get of Bob Dole's internet. Bob Dole Comands it. Bob Dole

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedAngel View Post
That's probably going to happen this year. The fact that their executives are even acknowledging the possibility of a pricedrop is a bit odd in itself (They usually don't do that as the people who hear it will undoubtedly wait on the pricedrop even if it isn't going to happen anytime soon).

The games and features are there. The hardware is there. The firmward support is there. The internet play is, for the most part, there. The only drawback is the price.

Good because if i'm going to get a machine that uses HD graphics i'm going to need a HD TV too and the last thing i can afford right now is the PS3 at it's current price + a good HD TV.
5bb111fc1aa058e1283875b86b1a571c

teh scud

the price to manufacture ps3's has potentially dropped quite a bit by now (sony hasn't given exact figures but drops big hints). i'm optimistic and hope they announce a $100-$200 pricedrop at e3.