General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General Forums > [M]eetups
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Static Vision
...and that's the way we all became the brady bunch
 
Static Vision's Avatar
 
WOW. I never go to that OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG joint Spiros to really care or keep up with the news but holy shit. NINE PEOPLE were shot there in one night

rape apes
__________________
Please inform the captain this is a hijack.
52166fe262e5931bf138c3a5c30412b8
Old 06-05-2009, 04:34 PM Static Vision is offline  
Reply With Quote
#31  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth
 
Baloneyflaps.'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Vision View Post
WOW. I never go to that OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG joint Spiros to really care or keep up with the news but holy shit. NINE PEOPLE were shot there in one night :lol:

rape apes


When I used to go there, it was 21+, had a dress code and played mostly trance and dance type stuff though it was never a candy raver scene at all though. It was a nice low key place to go and have drinks. It had couches in nice little redwood panelled alcoves lit with candles where you could chill out and hear ATB - 9PM Till I Come and similar fare.

No shootings, no trouble. The worst thing that I ever witnessed there was me confronting some dumbass that sat next to my wife while I went to take a piss.

But then they decided to start doing the "hip hop" venue and thus began the Spiros spiral into being a jungle-bunny haven that is now thankfully, closing. :cool:
__________________
This signature is metal as fuck. Is yours?
Old 06-05-2009, 04:53 PM Baloneyflaps. is offline  
Reply With Quote
#32  

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth
 
Baloneyflaps.'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Vision View Post
It is in the Triangle at 47th and Guadalupe. It is a good atmosphere and none of that nig nog shit invading the area a la Spirros anytime soon.



When I was in Arkansas the Flying Saucer in Little Rock was actually the only presentable and tolerable bar that I ever found in that entire state in the whole year I had to be there where I could actually relax and enjoy a beer.

Arkansas fucking sucks.
__________________
This signature is metal as fuck. Is yours?
Old 06-05-2009, 04:56 PM Baloneyflaps. is offline  
Reply With Quote
#33  

DarthWombaT
"The Man" who impregnated your sister
 
DarthWombaT's Avatar
 
Was hoping this thread was going to be about like some new *TX mobo

Old 06-05-2009, 04:58 PM DarthWombaT is offline  
Reply With Quote
#34  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloneyflaps View Post
There's a Flying Saucer in Austin now? Damn... I must be way behind.
just now? r u serios.....there has been a Flying Saucer in Fort Worth since before I was legal to drink. I thought all the trendy shit hit Austin faster than cowtown.
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 06-05-2009, 05:26 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#35  

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth
 
Baloneyflaps.'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
just now? r u serios.....there has been a Flying Saucer in Fort Worth since before I was legal to drink. I thought all the trendy shit hit Austin faster than cowtown.

Don't ask me... I have no idea how long it has been here.


It's considered trendy? Damn, I guess Arkansas lucked out on that one.

In Arkansas people were doing the Macarena in droves in 2003. I saw it with my own eyes. In more than one bar. They were excited about it, too. That's what, like 8 years after the rest of the world had purged their minds of that stupid shit?
__________________
This signature is metal as fuck. Is yours?
Old 06-05-2009, 05:41 PM Baloneyflaps. is offline  
Reply With Quote
#36  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloneyflaps View Post
Don't ask me... I have no idea how long it has been here.


It's considered trendy? Damn, I guess Arkansas lucked out on that one.

In Arkansas people were doing the Macarena in droves in 2003. I saw it with my own eyes. In more than one bar. They were excited about it, too. That's what, like 8 years after the rest of the world had purged their minds of that stupid shit?
Since the Macarena pretty much fizzled out as fast as it came on the scene...I'd say it's been dead for the rest of the world longer than that. The Flying Saucer is kinda trendy...but it's a great place to get beer from all over the world on tap without too many just turned 21 douchenozzles around.
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 06-05-2009, 05:56 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#37  

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth
 
Baloneyflaps.'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Since the Macarena pretty much fizzled out as fast as it came on the scene...I'd say it's been dead for the rest of the world longer than that. The Flying Saucer is kinda trendy...but it's a great place to get beer from all over the world on tap without too many just turned 21 douchenozzles around.


I swear... they were doing the Macarena in 2003. And this, mind you was in a club which was referred to me and my friend as one of the most "happening" in the whole state. We actually waited in line to get into the place. After we saw the dancefloor get packed when the macarena came on, I chugged my beer and we both agreed to GTFO.


And even in Assbackwardsas, the Flying Saucer was a very normal place to have a decent beer, with no apparent inbreeders present, and the clientele was definitely a cut above the average toothless arkansas crowd present almost everywhere else.
__________________
This signature is metal as fuck. Is yours?
Old 06-05-2009, 06:16 PM Baloneyflaps. is offline  
Reply With Quote
#38  

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Flying saucer sounds like a fun place to have a [M]eet. Heard plenty about it from the Houston location.
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 06-05-2009, 07:42 PM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#39  

ad hoc
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
edit: San Marcos bars blow.

yeah most of them are fratted out. I hit up Showdown quite often. Best fucking bloody mary's I've ever had. You can also hit up Cancun Rob's on Fridays for live music and $5 pitchers of zeigenbock.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:12 PM ad hoc is offline  
Reply With Quote
#40  

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ad hoc View Post
yeah most of them are fratted out. I hit up Showdown quite often. Best fucking bloody mary's I've ever had. You can also hit up Cancun Rob's on Fridays for live music and $5 pitchers of zeigenbock.

You go to Texas State or anything? Or just bored of your town? I think they finally extended bar hours to 2:00 AM From Midnight (not that it will help their case much).
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 06-05-2009, 10:28 PM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#41  

McKnight
MOST AMAZING TITLE EVER LOL WORDS
 
McKnight's Avatar
 
Gay pride rally
Old 06-06-2009, 03:12 AM McKnight is offline  
Reply With Quote
#42  

nyat
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloneyflaps View Post
Don't ask me... I have no idea how long it has been here.


It's considered trendy? Damn, I guess Arkansas lucked out on that one.

In Arkansas people were doing the Macarena in droves in 2003. I saw it with my own eyes. In more than one bar. They were excited about it, too. That's what, like 8 years after the rest of the world had purged their minds of that stupid shit?

I think it has been there since the triangle opened up, so around a year ago
Old 06-06-2009, 03:17 AM nyat is offline  
Reply With Quote
#43  

McKnight
MOST AMAZING TITLE EVER LOL WORDS
 
McKnight's Avatar
 
Yea austin [m]eet fuckers. We have a lot more normal people now. Gun range, then a bar, then to someones pad and get FUCKEDUPPPP! Im lookin at you thedank. Bring some groupies.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:37 AM McKnight is offline  
Reply With Quote
#44  

japroach
 
japroach's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthWombaT View Post
Was hoping this thread was going to be about like some new *TX mobo


.
__________________
turn sigs off
www.crangather.com
Old 06-06-2009, 03:42 AM japroach is offline  
Reply With Quote
#45  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:45 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.