General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Kahnza
Screw you guys, I'm going home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooK View Post
Shut the fuck up. Seriously, if you have nothing useful to say, you have no reason to be in a thread.

Bill - your best bet, in my opinion, is to find someone you know who can read a foreign language, like Russian, or something akin to that. Somewhere that the US has neutral ties to, but not overly friendly (I very much doubt you would find much of a difference, for instance, with a British host than one stationed in the U.S.) Have them do a quick google.ru search for a web host that accepts paypal (you will definitely want to have some sort of bridge between your credit and them.) Remember to manually pay per monthly, and you should be set.

That is the most retarded thing I have read in a long time.

You want to share small files that aren't video/games/whatever typical illegal shit. Encrypt it and host on any random file sharing site.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

chronage

It's a rape fantasy story, isnt it?

Bill

About you

chronage

I put on my robe and wizard hat...

Heathen-Yak
OMGDIE2U

how about drop box and a shared file......

MooK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahnza View Post
That is the most retarded thing I have read in a long time.

You want to share small files that aren't video/games/whatever typical illegal shit. Encrypt it and host on any random file sharing site.

Pretty goddamn sure it's none of our business what it is. He asked for a solution, not you preaching about what it could and could not be. He told you that your idea did not fit his expectations, now try your best to stop reiterating it.

Bill

I'm search-replacing my rape story victi---lover with your name MooK
Sorry chronage. If you want to peep through the window that'd be kinda hot.

Honestly I'm surprised that every host everyone knows off the top of their head will cave the instant DMCA is even mentioned. I think that says something in itself.

MooK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I'm search-replacing my rape story victi---lover with your name MooK
Sorry chronage. If you want to peep through the window that'd be kinda hot.

Honestly I'm surprised that every host everyone knows off the top of their head will cave the instant DMCA is even mentioned. I think that says something in itself.

It's not cost effective for hosts to bother fighting that crap, and the people enforcing such measures know it. If you were making, generously, $10/month per client with expenses such as datacenter, bandwidth, static IPs, insurance, basic legal and hardware, you would probably cave too. On the other hand, it's not worth investigating in other countries, such as Russia, where the amount of time and energy would not equal the benefit of locking away some guy hosting illegally obtained and distributed music. The downside is that the data is halfway around the world, and you have to jump through a dozen or so different hoops to use those kinds of services. The best practice, IMO, is to just stay legal.

There was a service that I saw within the last 8 months, that pretty much handles all of your domain/hosting privacy for you, and is not intimidated by anything short of a warrant, but I can't seem to place their name.

Bill

Quote:
The best practice, IMO, is to just stay legal.

The problem isn't staying legal, the problem is that I can't post five integers <50 in a specific context without worrying about DMCA. Which is fucking dumb. Like, exceptionally dumb.

Maybe you want to call that illegal, thats cool. But really I think DMCA can eat a dick.

referring to stupid small amounts of information == fine
discussing context == fine
discussing stupid small info + context == OMG BREAKING THE LAW

Its so trivial, the worst I'd ever get is a boilerplate takedown notice. They would be laughed at if they even mentioned anything beyond that to a lawyer/judge. I just don't want to go all :EFFORT: and then they go LOLDMCA SAYS HAI and all my shit goes to waste.

Bill

Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse

I support Mooks idea of using a Russian webhost.

MooK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
I support Mooks idea of using a Russian webhost.

That Swedish link Bill provided is probably an easier set up. Quote:

Quote:
Confidentiality
We defend your integrity to the end. With our discreet customer relations policy we don't even have to know who you are, and if we do . we will keep that knowledge strictly confidential.

RedEyes
Boner Provider

Quote:
Quote: we don't even have to know who you are, and if we do . we will keep that knowledge strictly confidential.

sounds like a good set up for a dating site

We will make contact with this frequency every twelve hours. Prepare sitrep for command authority. Have hope. We're coming for you.