General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Deals and Steals
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

NecessaryEvil

FS: 2 month old Dell Precision M4700 (barely used)

Dell Precision M4700 Mobile Workstation w/ dock, Windows 7 Pro, Office 2013 Pro Plus

Price: $1150 USD shipped or best offer

Condition: Used, but in perfect condition. It's seen practically no use, and if you sat it next to one brand new out of the box, the only difference would be the lack of stickers.

Warranty: Yes, expires: March 2017

Reason for sale: Moved to a new town, don't play the games I thought. Tired of sitting on my desk unused.

Payment: PayPal

Item location: Quincy, Illinois, United States

Shipping: Local pickup, Postal service, FedEx
International shipping: No
Handling time: Ships within 2 business days of receiving cleared payment

Specifications: Dell Precision M4700
Core i5 3340m 2.7GHz
8GB (2x4GB) DDR3
Samsung 128GB MSATA solid state drive, 320GB 7200RPM 2.5" SATA
slot load DVD+-DL
15.6" 1080p matte LCD (no dead pixels, bright spots, nothing)
webcam
Intel 5300AGN Wifi
2 USB 2.0, 3 USB 3.0, 1 USB 2.0/eSATA
1 VGA, 1 HDMI, 1 DisplayPort
1 firewire
1 Ethernet
1 ExpressCard
1 Card reader
6 cell battery (3.5-4 hrs)
Windows 7 Pro (Dell OEM DVD included)
Office 2013 Professional Plus (Microsoft Software Assurance Digital download, key & installer are on the 320GB HDD)
AC Adapter
Next Business Day At Home Warranty through 3/6/17

In addition, I am including a docking station w/ AC adapter (gives 5 USB 2.0, 1 USB 2.0/eSATA, 1 DVI, 1 VGA, 1 DisplayPort, Ethernet, audio in/out), Kensington MicroLock, and an optical mouse

I moved to a new town back in February, and bought this to replace my Thinkpad X230T, because I thought I'd be playing games with friends back here every weekend, and wanted something portable & powerful.

While that did end up happening, the games weren't Quake 3 Arena, Team Fortress 2, etc. as I had envisioned, they were board games like Arkham Horror, Betrayal at House on the Hill, and Settlers of Catan. Still fun, don't get me wrong, but not in need of a portable workstation.

So now I'm left with a gaming PC at home, a MacBook Pro that could play games if I wanted to dual boot (I don't), and this laptop, which has basically sat on my desk unused since I got it in March of this year. It collecting dust does me no good, and since my wife just lost her job, selling it can pay for a month's worth of rent, utilities, groceries, etc. I don't need to sell it for that, but if I'm honest, money coming in will just be money going out again.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]