I'll be hiding from the plans
G C
of too many hands.

- Jim Cuddy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olHfAHqXbxI

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Mortica
Total Tard Crew

sanjay just banned half the regulars, what do you expect?

edit : or took away privs, either or.
C ryptic L o g (21:04:54): two legs, arms, breasts, a gine. I'll fucking take it.

Last edited by Mortica; 05-12-2007 at 10:16 AM..

SilkSteel

Maybe the fellow members are becoming more cooler as a whole.. and actually going out on a Friday night.

OddFactor
I love the smell of freshly fucked poon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortica View Post
sanjay just banned half the regulars, what do you expect?

They're not banned; their thread privileges are taken away
.......v
Do ut des.

Mortica
Total Tard Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddFactor View Post
They're not banned; their thread privileges are taken away

i edited, sweetcheeks. barely b10
C ryptic L o g (21:04:54): two legs, arms, breasts, a gine. I'll fucking take it.

Nizofoshizo

I take it that why ask why and the rapist wont be SM's anymore then.

edit: or did i miss something while I was sleeping ?

Matty
:gaycool:

The network forums were always meant not to be a replacement for, but a supplement to Gen[M]ay. Places for members to turn to and talk to people they knew in a more civilized way. When they were added, we tried to make it as seamless as possible for members to navigate back and forth, the thought being that you could start your day at Gen[M]ay, and with one click see what is happening over with music, or with TV, or with celebrities, etc.

From what I can gather through reading people's comments, communicating with both Charles and Sanjay, and asking people directly, it appears to still be too cumbersome to go between them due to the catigorization of the network forums. While the layout on Love That Sound works for the person who is completely interested in music, it is too time consuming to navigate for the average person from Gen[M]ay for which music is just another interest of many, to be juggled with the main forum, CompuGlobal, etc.

That's why I'm actively working on phase-II of the network forums. In addition to having posts/threads/last post information show up on the forum index (right now it's just dashes), I'm also working on the ability to have collapsed subforums *on Genmay* which displayed all of the catigorized content from any one network forum. So in the "Real-Time Subforums" section, you would see a "Music" subforum. Inside would be *all* of the threads from Love That Sound, prefixed with an image showing which section (Dance, World, Rock, Indie, etc) it was posted in.

This solution gives people with a particular specialty the ability to hang out in their own neat, catigorized forum, while giving Gen[M]ay an easy to navigate, seamless collection of all music content all in one place. Or all movies and TV content all in one place. Or all celebrities, all sex/health/wellness, technology/computers/electronics, etc.

Thoughts?

fittysix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty View Post
Thoughts?

I like it.

I would of course prefer to keep everything in the consistant genmay style/theme (while LTS forum itself can keep its own unique style/theme)

I would also suggest some type of +/- ajax dropbox type thing for the "Music" forum that gives you a proper listing of all the LTS forums that can all be viewed in the genmay theme/style. (In fact, we should almost have that now for games and [m]eat since they have subforums)

Also, although i'm sure it more-or-less goes without saying, the "music" forum should be the same thing as the gold member superforum where you can filter out pop and if you don't want it.

irc.00id.net / #auzland

Last edited by fittysix; 05-12-2007 at 10:32 AM..

Matty
:gaycool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fittysix View Post
I like it.

I would of course prefer to keep everything in the consistant genmay style/theme (while LTS forum itself can keep its own unique style/theme)

I would also suggest some type of +/- ajax dropbox type thing for the "Music" forum that gives you a proper listing of all the LTS forums that can all be viewed in the genmay theme/style. (In fact, we should almost have that now for games and [m]eat since they have subforums)

Also, although i'm sure it more-or-less goes without saying, the "music" forum should be the same thing as the gold member superforum where you can filter out pop and if you don't want it.

That's exactly what I was envisioning.

Mortica
Total Tard Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by fittysix View Post
I like it.

aussiehax

Quote:
The network forums were always meant not to be a replacement for, but a supplement to Gen[M]ay. Places for members to turn to and talk to people they knew in a more civilized way. When they were added, we tried to make it as seamless as possible for members to navigate back and forth, the thought being that you could start your day at Gen[M]ay, and with one click see what is happening over with music, or with TV, or with celebrities, etc.

From what I can gather through reading people's comments, communicating with both Charles and Sanjay, and asking people directly, it appears to still be too cumbersome to go between them due to the catigorization of the network forums. While the layout on Love That Sound works for the person who is completely interested in music, it is too time consuming to navigate for the average person from Gen[M]ay for which music is just another interest of many, to be juggled with the main forum, CompuGlobal, etc.

That's why I'm actively working on phase-II of the network forums. In addition to having posts/threads/last post information show up on the forum index (right now it's just dashes), I'm also working on the ability to have collapsed subforums *on Genmay* which displayed all of the catigorized content from any one network forum. So in the "Real-Time Subforums" section, you would see a "Music" subforum. Inside would be *all* of the threads from Love That Sound, prefixed with an image showing which section (Dance, World, Rock, Indie, etc) it was posted in.

This solution gives people with a particular specialty the ability to hang out in their own neat, catigorized forum, while giving Gen[M]ay an easy to navigate, seamless collection of all music content all in one place. Or all movies and TV content all in one place. Or all celebrities, all sex/health/wellness, technology/computers/electronics, etc.

Thoughts?

The network forums are useless. Why the hell are you trying to supplement Genmay?

You know what?

We were able to discuss these things in a civilized manner before Sanjay let open the flood gates to registration and didn't work on the existing community. If you keep watering a plant you are obviously going to drown the fucking thing and that's what happened. Morons kept being let in who had no idea how genmay worked. It pissed off the old people and pissed of the new people because nobody knew how to react to it. Even if the new people tried to find a sense of the old genmay, THEY COULDN'T!! Why in the hell did you get rid of the vault?

The Store?!?!?! Thanks for murdering that one. You could never give us a straight answer. It was always, maybe by the end of the week...and then 2 weeks...and then soon....then we were back to the end of the week. 6 MONTHS LATER people started to lose interest. 1 YEAR LATER by the time the store was here you jacked the prices so high that even the people who cared about the store now felt like they were getting screwed by the basic, affordable place that genmay was. That was the community base.

How about you guys unite your moderators and turn the exisiting place better instead of adding all of this cumbersome new shit that we aren't going to care about anyway. It's that fucking simple. Icw@ter doesn't even give reasons 90% of the time he bans, Sarah thinks this is her fucking 2nd job and you wonder why people are pissed off?

The administration allowed Sleeman to die because some crazy moody bitch played games with him and wouldn't listen to him. Stop kissing the slut after you get fucked by her, it makes you look like idiots. In the end Sleeman was posting so much to get any admin attention and you still looked the other way. In fact, you just decided to ban him instead.

Not like you will listen to this anyway, but I'm fed up with the jackassery that ensues around here. Between W_a_W thinking I stalk him on this place and DigitalMocking having a fucking period everytime I ban someone from games forum BECAUSE KLYPR DIDN'T ALWAYS HAVE SMOD POWERS is absolutely retarded.

Stop and get back on track. ASAP At this rate, I have a feeling the big meet will be a giant failure.

PS

If you look at the mod logs Sanjay, DC raped all the thread titles last night.
STRAIGHT UP 39TH STREET NIGGAH ALWAYS BALLIN ALWAYS HUSTLIN' 394L NEVER FRONTIN NEVER HATIN #2
TOM CRUISE AND AUSSIEHAX NIGGAHZ 4 LYFE <3 TC

toyoter91
I "got more" and loved it. (p.s. Tmobil sucks) <3 K

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric!sheep View Post
sanjay, this place needs a hangout for those who care about content. Call it the Genmay Cafe and crack down on thread-crapping. That would keep the contributing members, and help the whole forum stay afloat. Now the main attraction is increasingly just a shitfest, that attracts more shit, and shit doesn't float. If you want content, you need people who are capable of creating it, and willing to do so because they know the audience will appreciate it and come up with useful responses. Seeing "lol wut" as a reply doesn't encourage one to invest time into an internet posting.

goddamn QFT

electric!sheep

Quote:

Thoughts?

Subforums are great, but what is the crown jewel of the forums, and what is being done to help increase its value? Right now the main forum is going down the shitter. It's getting slower, and less interesting. Just look at the threads on the front page and tell me whether you, as a new user, would join this forum to participate in those subjects. There's little that is distinctive or especially interesting about Genmay anymore.

st1650

Yes [ ]
No [ ]
Fuck you [ ]
Fuck you Asshole [x]

OddFactor
I love the smell of freshly fucked poon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyoter91 View Post
goddamn QFT

We have a hang out.
.......v
Do ut des.