General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

-espionage-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus
We "fought" Haine a few months ago. We ganked a few at the start of the war, then they just all ran from us. It was rather boring after that. I spent most of the war harassing macro miners.

As an update, syndicate is quite hostile now with its new residents. Should be interesting to see how long it takes them to do their housekeeping operation.

our tactics for this war are... beyond hilarious. hundreds of alts with the same depresed sweat shop worker portraits, named VCBee ### grabbing frigs out of our endless reserve. the point is, BoB will realize the only way we'll die is if they live in syndicate forever.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcobita
We pissed off a bunch of people up in EC- (Old trust outpost), and if we couldn't piss them of with our guns, we resorted to some interesting tactics.

ISS Traffic Advisory: Large BoB bubble camp in EC- on Torrinos gate, proceed with caution.

BNC was not amuzed. Ganked a few locals too, and pulled down a hostile POS, got someone banned for 30 days, it was fun.
You know the funny thing? I flew alongside BlackLight back when he was head of NORAD and I was one of the head FCs for FA... back when one of the only reason NORAD was surviving against the likes of TunDraGon and a few minor alliances was the fleet support from FA.

Blacklight is a horrible alcoholic, he'd pass out every single night drunk on his keyboard at a random planet.

Exaotus
I own a copy of brokeback mountain.

Gah this thread is crazy. Let me try get in on this..

So today I was at FJ killing some AZ while these s from LOZ came in and pwned us. Well then we moved over to TWQ and the guy from HBU came in to help us out and then we really loved to kill those fags in ETWs.

I think I'm gonna try this game

Incubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by -espionage-
our tactics for this war are... beyond hilarious. hundreds of alts with the same depresed sweat shop worker portraits, named VCBee ### grabbing frigs out of our endless reserve. the point is, BoB will realize the only way we'll die is if they live in syndicate forever.

To be honest, I think they may be willing to do that (or at least long enough to make you guys no longer consider s-u a viable home).

We'll see how big the "Ships destroyed in the last 24 h" blob grows for s-u.

Either way, it should be a fun couple of months for both sides.

I'll just continue to hang around the outside of syndicate and kill 3fa.

Gooey

I really wanted to like this game. learning curve is a bit steep, and judging from how I still don't understand about 90% of what any of you are saying, it's probably still a bit too complex for me. played for about 2 months and gave up. never even got into a pvp fight but I saw all kinds of people get rocked and was just glad it wasn't me. Plus I was hoping for a combat system a bit like freespace2 or sim (action/fps) instead of a lockon/target/click attack button.

Anyone got a link to a video they could share of high lvl pvp or fleet style engagements? The game was highly audio and super visually impressive, but the pace just killed me.

Incubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooey
I really wanted to like this game. learning curve is a bit steep, and judging from how I still don't understand about 90% of what any of you are saying, it's probably still a bit too complex for me. played for about 2 months and gave up. never even got into a pvp fight but I saw all kinds of people get rocked and was just glad it wasn't me. Plus I was hoping for a combat system a bit like freespace2 or sim (action/fps) instead of a lockon/target/click attack button.

Anyone got a link to a video they could share of high lvl pvp or fleet style engagements? The game was highly audio and super visually impressive, but the pace just killed me.

Fleet battles actually aren't all that much fun to watch because it's mostly zoomed out with little purple and red squares pew pewing each other and other squares warping in and out. Small gang combat is where the fun is. I still think one of the best pirate videos out there is the one Lyticus put together a while ago. It's mostly solo action, but it's still very, very good:
http://dl.eve-files.com/media/08/Lyt...iratesLife.wmv (right click, save as)

For some smaller fleet combat, this is another one of my favourites: Cult of Cthulu - Good Rats. RIP Ioctl.
http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/c...c-goodrats.wmv

In addition, you can check out the video subforum of the official eve-o forums for tons of videos.

Gooey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus
Fleet battles actually aren't all that much fun to watch because it's mostly zoomed out with little purple and red squares pew pewing each other and other squares warping in and out. Small gang combat is where the fun is. I still think one of the best pirate videos out there is the one Lyticus put together a while ago. It's mostly solo action, but it's still very, very good:
http://dl.eve-files.com/media/08/Lyt...iratesLife.wmv (right click, save as)

For some smaller fleet combat, this is another one of my favourites: Cult of Cthulu - Good Rats. RIP Ioctl.
http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/c...c-goodrats.wmv

In addition, you can check out the video subforum of the official eve-o forums for tons of videos.

damnit, see now that is the kind of stuff I wanted to do. Thanks for the links kind sir, good production value and nice choice of music for most of it (heh offspring).

the vids were huge but worth it.

OmegaAquinas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renork
is there a genmay corp? anyone have any tips? I just started. 53k skill points /yey

Hadean Drive Yards has dropped its 60-day character age requirement after hitting a few membership milestones and completing an internal security overhaul.

If you like to mine, run protection for lowsec mining ops, run missions, or research BPOs and build ships, come to the in-game channel Shop@HDY and chat us up.

We're based primarily in Empire space (mostly minmatar atm, but we have offices all over) and we're just about to make the jump to capital ship production.

partyvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin
Blacklight is a horrible alcoholic, he'd pass out every single night drunk on his keyboard at a random planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaAquinas
Hadean Drive Yards has dropped its 60-day character age requirement after hitting a few membership milestones and completing an internal security overhaul.

how about someone just a under a month old - just moved onto running level 2 missions in his shiny new caracal, maxing out learning skills and core skills afterwards?

Randuin
I'm a attention whoring little turd that wanted a title really badly so here it is. I also like to m

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaAquinas

If you like to mine, run protection for lowsec mining ops, run missions, or research BPOs and build ships, come to the in-game channel Shop@HDY and chat us up.

We're based primarily in Empire space (mostly minmatar atm, but we have offices all over) and we're just about to make the jump to capital ship production.

Can we low-sec gank

OmegaAquinas

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyvan

how about someone just a under a month old - just moved onto running level 2 missions in his shiny new caracal, maxing out learning skills and core skills afterwards?

Sure thing. Drop in Shop@HDY and chat.

OmegaAquinas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randuin
Can we low-sec gank

Industrial corp, not a rat corp.

Not to say we avoid combat, but we try to sell to everyone who doesn't fire at us. Maximizes the pool of clientele. We're also alliance-neutral...hurts our chances of getting 0.0 turf, but it also means we can sell to everyone if they have the isk.

If someone does start being hostile, we do have a nice sized fleet we can field from battleships to HACs to a Carrier. Last war someone declared on us was rescinded 4 hours after the dec was sent--we tracked down the CEO and locked him outside a station almost immediately.

Perspective

Does anyone have a titan yet?

Randuin
I'm a attention whoring little turd that wanted a title really badly so here it is. I also like to m

BoB has one I believe.

Emo Bitch
free_of_paranoia

im considering paying for this game, i just dropped out of wow i think, and i get the demo but i never seem to keep it after 14 days =/