General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Trachei
 
Trachei's Avatar
 
Have you guys heard this on the news? The latest I've heard is that they want to give $100 in relief to citizens for the gas prices. Anyone else think this is the most retarded thing ever! $100 for all citizens could build a lot of wind power or things that would actually have use.

I guess the bill also has provisions for reducing air quality standards temporarily also, which I suppose is a good thing till things get on track for ethanol.

From what I've read they are making it an amendment to a spending bill for the War, which is such a move, which would of course make it pass. Anyone else care to comment?

http://www.cn n.com/2006/POLITICS/04/28/congress.oil/index.html
Old 04-28-2006, 04:37 PM Trachei is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

ApathyEcstasy
yeah, different species of slanteye here
 
ApathyEcstasy's Avatar
 
sounds retarded..i agree
__________________
7.9%, Chinese growth has screeched to a halt! People
are going to riot in the streets! The CCP is about to
fall!
8.1%, Chinese growth has over-heated! People are
going to riot in the streets! The CCP is about to fall!
Old 04-28-2006, 04:39 PM ApathyEcstasy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#2  

Postal Blowshit
Postal Blowfish
Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
 
makes sense to me. election year bribe.

later they would say "vote for me, i gave you $100 bucks coz i care about you. remember?"
__________________
TheMorlock: "Dubya made Saddam hide WMD in 1992 so we could find it in 2006 and support the war in iraq."
Old 04-28-2006, 04:46 PM Postal Blowshit is offline  
Reply With Quote
#3  

PopeKevinI
 
Yay, now I can fill up the tank twice. Whoopee.
__________________
THIS is your brain on drugs: "I'm not a positive thinker. I am a spiralling hexagonal vortex thinker that strobes multiple colors." -ry_goody
Old 04-28-2006, 05:04 PM PopeKevinI is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4  

newbtard
 
this will do nothing for gas prices. Its because worldwide demand and the geopolitical problems.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:05 PM newbtard is offline  
Reply With Quote
#5  

mcovey
please buy me a title cause mine was to long
 
mcovey's Avatar
 
how about ending the fucking gas taxes for a start

20 cents a gallon state plus 19 federal... gas could go from $2.86 to $2.47 overnight.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:38 PM mcovey is offline  
Reply With Quote
#6  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcovey
how about ending the fucking gas taxes for a start

20 cents a gallon state plus 19 federal... gas could go from $2.86 to $2.47 overnight.
That's the Republican proposal...the Dems want the $100 check thing. The $100 check won't do a damn thing and prices of everything will start rising very soon..
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 04-28-2006, 05:47 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#7  

ApathyEcstasy
yeah, different species of slanteye here
 
ApathyEcstasy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemama
That's the Republican proposal...the Dems want the $100 check thing. The $100 check won't do a damn thing and prices of everything will start rising very soon..

wow is that for real? then fuck the dumbocrits
__________________
7.9%, Chinese growth has screeched to a halt! People
are going to riot in the streets! The CCP is about to
fall!
8.1%, Chinese growth has over-heated! People are
going to riot in the streets! The CCP is about to fall!
Old 04-28-2006, 05:48 PM ApathyEcstasy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#8  

mcovey
please buy me a title cause mine was to long
 
mcovey's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemama
That's the Republican proposal...the Dems want the $100 check thing. The $100 check won't do a damn thing and prices of everything will start rising very soon..
well damnit, let it happen already.

I can't say I agree with the neocons on everything but if they'd just kill the federal tax and encourage states to kill their own taxes, at least for a time, prices would drop drastically.

and with that, kill any oil subsidies too.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:52 PM mcovey is offline  
Reply With Quote
#9  

Postal Blowshit
Postal Blowfish
Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
 
wouldnt the state taxes on gas theoretically be used to pay for road maintenance, etc? not sure you'd want to kill that. not sure what the fed tax on gas pays for. but it seems like if you cut out tax on gas and you need to pay for roads, its gonna come back as higher taxes somewhere else.

perhaps if we kill the subsidies we can all get back a nice chunk. prices wouldnt drop but we'd have more money to buy the gas with.
__________________
TheMorlock: "Dubya made Saddam hide WMD in 1992 so we could find it in 2006 and support the war in iraq."
Old 04-28-2006, 05:55 PM Postal Blowshit is offline  
Reply With Quote
#10  

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!
 
Zangmonkey's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Blowfish
wouldnt the state taxes on gas theoretically be used to pay for road maintenance, etc? not sure you'd want to kill that. not sure what the fed tax on gas pays for. but it seems like if you cut out tax on gas and you need to pay for roads, its gonna come back as higher taxes somewhere else.

perhaps if we kill the subsidies we can all get back a nice chunk. prices wouldnt drop but we'd have more money to buy the gas with.


Do you really think the government should and/or will send the citizens money for their gas?
__________________
09 F9
Old 04-28-2006, 06:01 PM Zangmonkey is offline  
Reply With Quote
#11  

mike27
crt expert
 
1) give people $100 to spend on gas and (assuming it's restricted to gas expenditure)
2) demand goes up by $100/person
3) gas prices go up

lolololololololol
__________________
Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
- Mark Twain
Old 04-28-2006, 06:14 PM mike27 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#12  

Postal Blowshit
Postal Blowfish
Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangmonkey
Do you really think the government should and/or will send the citizens money for their gas?

I think the government should correct its overspending and return the difference to tax payers. I don't think they will.

Whether it's for gas really doesn't mean anything to me.
__________________
TheMorlock: "Dubya made Saddam hide WMD in 1992 so we could find it in 2006 and support the war in iraq."
Old 04-28-2006, 06:16 PM Postal Blowshit is offline  
Reply With Quote
#13  

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!
 
Zangmonkey's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Blowfish
I think the government should correct its overspending and return the difference to tax payers. I don't think they will.

Whether it's for gas really doesn't mean anything to me.


So you're in favor of tax cuts?
__________________
09 F9
Old 04-28-2006, 07:02 PM Zangmonkey is offline  
Reply With Quote
#14  

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!
 
Zangmonkey's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike27
1) give people $100 to spend on gas and (assuming it's restricted to gas expenditure)
2) demand goes up by $100/person
3) gas prices go up

lolololololololol

Shhhhh, you can't expect logic from congress.
__________________
09 F9
Old 04-28-2006, 07:02 PM Zangmonkey is offline  
Reply With Quote
#15  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:16 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.