General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 02-11-2005, 12:18 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#31  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Davidelmo
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEyes
what if we could grow a person in a vat either with no brain or a super underdeveloped brain, and never allowed them to gain conciousness, would that be ok?

do you mean possible or legal? if it's not possible in these other countries you might already be ahead of them.

I meant both.. if Britain could be the leading country in this field, that would be amazing (especially as this is the kind of area I will go into once I graduate! ) Yes I am very biased!!

Also, this whole thing about growing people and killing them etc is .. that will never happen.
At the moment we are just cloning CELLS... you probably lose more cells a day from the surface of your skin than are used in these experiments.
In fact your body even kills it's own cells.. apoptosis- programmed cell death. So any argument whether it's "playing God" etc.. = crap!
Old 02-11-2005, 12:19 PM Davidelmo is offline  
Reply With Quote
#32  

DigitalChaos
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock
yay, more proof that arthur is a tard
Old 02-11-2005, 12:26 PM DigitalChaos is offline  
Reply With Quote
#33  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalChaos
yay, more proof that arthur is a tard

its still a long way from cloning an entire organ.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 02-11-2005, 12:59 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#34  

DigitalChaos
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock
its still a long way from cloning an entire organ.
did you read the article? we are past that. we are actually rebuilding failed organs instead of just replacing them. THIS is what i was arguing.. i made no claims that we were going to be "growing" full organs any time soon... but i believe that is a more primitave method compared to simply repairing things
Old 02-11-2005, 01:02 PM DigitalChaos is offline  
Reply With Quote
#35  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalChaos
did you read the article? we are past that. we are actually rebuilding failed organs instead of just replacing them. THIS is what i was arguing.. i made no claims that we were going to be "growing" full organs any time soon... but i believe that is a more primitave method compared to simply repairing things


I disagree. Full replacment with an inherently young organ is far beyond replacing a few cells in an old dying one.

Untill such time as we have nanotech that can go in and fully rejuvenate each and every cell by replacing damaged mitochondria organelles and replenishing telomere spacers capping our chromosomes and such.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 02-11-2005, 01:11 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#36  

onewheeldoin200
Your girlfriend likes my crotch rocket better
 
onewheeldoin200's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidelmo
Like I said in the main forum, this is great news.

This could bring huge advances in the prevention and understanding of all sorts of diseases- not just MND
.
It also gives us a headstart over other countries where this sort of research is not possible.

++

edit: whether people are for or against it, they won't have any problems reaping the benefits of this research when they're in danger of dying.
__________________
Member of the Gen[M]ay [M]otorcycle Club

Passion > Precision
Old 02-12-2005, 07:38 AM onewheeldoin200 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#37  

Heinrich Himmler
Deadside Legion
I sucked off my rabbi for this title
 
Heinrich Himmler's Avatar
 
Cloning is one thing, even a whole human body. But... you can clone a body but not a mind. Even as it is, your "clone" would have to gorw up normally. Anyone expecting to have a duplicate of themself to go to work for them is SOL. At best, tissue harvesting is all this will amount to.

Granted, if your clone thinks as you do, why would they do what you asked?
__________________
I am Deadside Legion. The Rapist nameraped me because he is weak and stupid. The holocaust happened, it's undeniable fact.

Prussian Blue should be forced to play Manhunt.
Old 02-12-2005, 05:54 PM Heinrich Himmler is offline  
Reply With Quote
#38  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadside Legion
Cloning is one thing, even a whole human body. But... you can clone a body but not a mind. Even as it is, your "clone" would have to gorw up normally. Anyone expecting to have a duplicate of themself to go to work for them is SOL. At best, tissue harvesting is all this will amount to.

Granted, if your clone thinks as you do, why would they do what you asked?


because they know I had a microbomb implanted in their brain before they were decanted perhaps? I assume someday it will be possible to condition the cloned mind with your life experiences.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 02-13-2005, 10:42 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#39  

BBnet3000
<ABlix> I WANTED TO BE WITH HER
 
BBnet3000's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Ho
that reminds me. it's a good thing Bush is anti-abortion and has an anti-abortion Republican majority in both houses of congress.

there have been just as many "babies" aborted per year under Bush as there was under Clinton.

gg religious nutfucks
uh, thats because contrary to retarded liberal belief, Bush hasnt banned abortion
__________________
irc.genmay.net #genmay
Old 02-13-2005, 10:53 AM BBnet3000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#40  

DigitalChaos
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock
because they know I had a microbomb implanted in their brain before they were decanted perhaps? I assume someday it will be possible to condition the cloned mind with your life experiences.
this is well outside the science of cloning. genetic code has nothing to do with it, it would be more so a backup image of someones brain being written over someone elses

omy.. im sooooo going to have a raid5 array of cloned brains sitting around when we can write and read to them
Old 02-13-2005, 11:53 AM DigitalChaos is offline  
Reply With Quote
#41  

DigitalChaos
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBnet3000
uh, thats because contrary to retarded liberal belief, Bush hasnt banned abortion
he didnt say that he banned it. he said he is anti abortion, and he is. Bush has setup the majority of current restrictions on stemcell research which is putting us behind the game when it comes to other countries. He is also trying to use the UN to spread that shit.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:54 AM DigitalChaos is offline  
Reply With Quote
#42  

PopeKevinI
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalChaos
this is well outside the science of cloning. genetic code has nothing to do with it, it would be more so a backup image of someones brain being written over someone elses

omy.. im sooooo going to have a raid5 array of cloned brains sitting around when we can write and read to them



The new high-speed storage. I can see the [H] sigs now:

1.2 Thz dual-core Pentium X
40 GB 600 Ghz RAM
6 x Hawking neural drives in a RAID 0
__________________
THIS is your brain on drugs: "I'm not a positive thinker. I am a spiralling hexagonal vortex thinker that strobes multiple colors." -ry_goody
Old 02-13-2005, 07:38 PM PopeKevinI is offline  
Reply With Quote
#43  

möbiustrip
 
möbiustrip's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopeKevinI
6 x Hawking neural drives in a RAID 0
followed by the General [H]ardware threads: "Redundancy vs. Latency? Optimum stripe size? I NEED AN RMA!!!"
__________________
I personally believe that there has to be a law that limits the power of the supreme court. -- R@$T@M@N
Old 02-13-2005, 11:03 PM möbiustrip is offline  
Reply With Quote
#44  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by möbiustrip
followed by the General [H]ardware threads: "Redundancy vs. Latency? Optimum stripe size? I NEED AN RMA!!!"


Now was that out of order speculative execution of Deja Vu?
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 02-14-2005, 12:50 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#45  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:51 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.