General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

sir tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosPhoenix View Post
lol. Yea. There is a CF/SD/Memory Stick DUO/PRO reader, but no PS2/PS1 card reader. You can buy one from BestBuy for $14.95. Friend of mine bought it so I just used his. It lets you copy the memory cards to your virtual PS1/PS2 cards on your HDD, but you can't write back onto the PS2/PS1 memory cards.

i bought one from bestbuy, used it, then returned it i'm an asshole, i know.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

redhotfanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir tex View Post
i bought one from bestbuy, used it, then returned it i'm an asshole, i know.

good idea

got the wifi working finally lawl mac address
edit: should I keep bitching/asking questions in here or should I start a new thread

teh scud

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotfanboy View Post
good idea

got the wifi working finally lawl mac address
edit: should I keep bitching/asking questions in here or should I start a new thread

in here is fine

or ps3 screenshot thread, as it is a general ps3 thread. or teh scud haxed psn thread, as it should be a general games forum th read

arimanius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosPhoenix View Post
lol. Yea. There is a CF/SD/Memory Stick DUO/PRO reader, but no PS2/PS1 card reader. You can buy one from BestBuy for $14.95. Friend of mine bought it so I just used his. It lets you copy the memory cards to your virtual PS1/PS2 cards on your HDD, but you can't write back onto the PS2/PS1 memory cards.

I bought one from the Best Buy here in Denton and the fucker was used! I hate assholes that do this.

teh scud

you still have yours, arimanius? i'm in denton.

arimanius

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh scud View Post
you still have yours, arimanius? i'm in denton.

I do some place. I'll have to see if I can find it.

redhotfanboy

ok is there a way to see what exactly is on the hdd at any moment? right now it is saying I have 47gb left, I don't think the OS could be that big???

Roam

OMG! this makes me feel like a kid at christmas, the fedEX guy JUST delivered my bundle

sir tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by arimanius View Post
I do some place. I'll have to see if I can find it.
you live in denton? i'm moving up to arlington to go to school at UTA at the end of august. we should have a party of sorts.

Qwell

Quote:
ok is there a way to see what exactly is on the hdd at any moment? right now it is saying I have 47gb left, I don't think the OS could be that big???
There isn't like a Windows Explorer thing, just check stuff like your movie files, music and also there are 2 folders above your games tab for saved game data and also i think "game data" which refers to installed games, updates and such.

redhotfanboy

Downloading F1, Ninja Gaiden and GTHD now, but man the download speed is REALLY slow. Is there any way to speed the downloads up at all???

sir tex

Quote:
Downloading F1, Ninja Gaiden and GTHD now, but man the download speed is REALLY slow. Is there any way to speed the downloads up at all???
maybe PSN is slow or something at the moment? it's always very fast for me. did you enable UPnP (or whatever that thing is)? i set my ps3 as a dmz host, as well.

dieselstation

Quote:
Originally Posted by arimanius View Post
Fuck Blu-ray, the majority of consumers want a gaming console. Not a linux, blu-ray, media center with gaming tacked on.

i really don't want this to turn into a blu-ray thread so i'll just make a quick point.

Sony is not just a gaming company.

Sony makes drives, movies, music, software, media, etc.. etc. To NOT put Blu-Ray into your best selling product and into people's homes quickly to guarantee that your format will succeed.. is stupid.

If you're a big huge company with your hands in everything.. yeah.. you're gonna want Blu-Ray to succeed. Sony is thinking big picture here.

redhotfanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir tex View Post
maybe PSN is slow or something at the moment? it's always very fast for me. did you enable UPnP (or whatever that thing is)? i set my ps3 as a dmz host, as well.

I can't remeber if UPnP is on or off, but the PS3 is in my DMZ. Just seems like its taking forever to download the demos when I usually pull 600kbps off a good server or torrent

teh scud

i usually get 250-300KBs but i'm not sure my current connection could get much faster. i'll have fios in less than a month though