General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Wookey
A Jackal, Jackal? Its a Jackal. It looks like a Jackal. Jackal. Jackal?

Does Sony expect people to pay $600.00 after others were paying $500 from the price cut? I think a lot of them would think about waiting for another price cut. I know I will, once they come out with better games.

It would be interesting to see if Nintendo or Microsoft cut their systems even by $50.00 over the Holidays. It would make a fairly large dent in Sony's marketing scheme.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

redhotfanboy

So I'm thinking I might go grab one tomorrow but the only game out atm that really interests me is F1 that and the fact that I only have a ghetto tv makes me wonder if I should get one now, or just wait 5 or 6 more months

What exactly is there for free/paid demos/games on the PSN? That is probally what would get most of my play time, other than my PS2 games since my PS2 is all but dead. Oh and which is the best GH/GHII controller converter out now incase I do grab one tomorrow.

sir tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotfanboy View Post
So I'm thinking I might go grab one tomorrow but the only game out atm that really interests me is F1 that and the fact that I only have a ghetto tv makes me wonder if I should get one now, or just wait 5 or 6 more months

What exactly is there for free/paid demos/games on the PSN? That is probally what would get most of my play time, other than my PS2 games since my PS2 is all but dead. Oh and which is the best GH/GHII controller converter out now incase I do grab one tomorrow.
demoes are free, and fl0w, calling all cars, and (especially) super stardust HD are all worth buying.

Qwell

I'm going to make a prediction and say they have supplies of the 60GB to last until November , but they may run out a little sooner. I think after all the 60GB's run out you will see the 80GB model reduced to $499 and they will drop the pack-in game.

spatula
I stick my fingers up my ass... then smell them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwell View Post
I'm going to make a prediction and say they have supplies of the 60GB to last until November , but they may run out a little sooner. I think after all the 60GB's run out you will see the 80GB model reduced to $499 and they will drop the pack-in game.

qft. These whiners need to calm the hell down. This is just another example of any bad news by sony is good news Sony is just trying to play this off for impulse shoppers who think this low price is for a limited time.

MS did say price cuts were going to be coming real soon (for 360) iirc too

jersoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwell View Post

I'm going to make a prediction and say, that won't happen. why not just plain lower the 60 to 400 and the 80 to 500 right now then? That would make the most sense and be a real price drop. That's just silly. Although it is sony and it's been one disaster after another with them and the ps3. But that prediction does not look highly probable.

Cads

Quote:
Originally Posted by theNoid View Post
FINALLY! Still not planning on getting one until there atleast 5 worthy must have games for the system. However, this is good because now MS and Nintendo (well mainly MS) are in a position to lower their SKU prices!

Qwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersoc View Post
I'm going to make a prediction and say, that won't happen. why not just plain lower the 60 to 400 and the 80 to 500 right now then? That would make the most sense and be a real price drop. That's just silly. Although it is sony and it's been one disaster after another with them and the ps3. But that prediction does not look highly probable.

Maybe to generate some extra revenue until the current stock of 60GB's has been sold off. And like others have said earlier in the thread that drastic of a drop of the 60GB would spell trouble for investors thinking it was more like a "going out of business" sell.

ChaosPhoenix

Quote:

Because people will buy the 60GB at 500 right now? I know of 3 people who have bought PS3s due to the "limited" 60GB supply. Many of whom wanted to wait a bit longer but figured it was now or never.

Drewbowski
I blow horses for a living

Quote:

some rumors are flying around right now that basically encompass everything you said. Only difference is that there is a 40 gig 399 version that might be planned to be released around christmas.

redhotfanboy

ugh no ps2/ps1 card reader in my box was that a limited time only deal or something??? Other than that, OMG this thing IS HUGE, almost bigger than my cable box

teh scud

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotfanboy View Post
ugh no ps2/ps1 card reader in my box was that a limited time only deal or something??? Other than that, OMG this thing IS HUGE, almost bigger than my cable box

memory card reader? ps3 has never had it. there's an extra accessory for moving them over to your HDD. i never bought it (old ps2 saves are still on ps2). hoping to eventually find someone that will let me borrow it

ChaosPhoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh scud View Post
memory card reader? ps3 has never had it. there's an extra accessory for moving them over to your HDD. i never bought it (old ps2 saves are still on ps2). hoping to eventually find someone that will let me borrow it

lol. Yea. There is a CF/SD/Memory Stick DUO/PRO reader, but no PS2/PS1 card reader. You can buy one from BestBuy for $14.95. Friend of mine bought it so I just used his. It lets you copy the memory cards to your virtual PS1/PS2 cards on your HDD, but you can't write back onto the PS2/PS1 memory cards.

borsdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosPhoenix View Post
It lets you copy the memory cards to your virtual PS1/PS2 cards on your HDD, but you can't write back onto the PS2/PS1 memory cards.
I thought my friend said they recently added that..?

redhotfanboy

ok trying to get online and having a huge issue. Does WEP not work on the PS3? using a linksys router and my psp has worked just fine before