General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

~~~~~
Kiddie Corral Material

omg, time to pick up a ps3 and minna no golf 5 later this month

Last edited by ~~~~~; 07-08-2007 at 08:38 PM..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Burg

Hopefully this will increase it's sales.

redhotfanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burg View Post
Hopefully this will increase it's sales.

It will but damn it could still use a few killer games.

teh scud

at the end of 2007, i don't think anyone will be able to say "ps3 has no games"

Zeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffz View Post
didn't someone from sony JUST say in the last couple days that there wasn't going to be a price drop?

[this comment censored by the initiative to keep me from being banned from Gaming.]

ruffz

i can just imagine what'll happen if MS drops the 360 to $299 or lower. it would be the nail in the coffin for sony

AndrewHanes

Quote:
i can just imagine what'll happen if MS drops the 360 to $299 or lower. it would be the nail in the coffin for sony

Nail in what coffin? Sony is like a newborn infant right now. Xbox 360 is like the world war 2 veteran with heart problems.

hopesfall
For a 13.8k, I sure am a fucking retard. Breaking and entering is my life. PS: FUCK YOU GENMAY!

Quote:
didn't someone from sony JUST say in the last couple days that there wasn't going to be a price drop?

he said there was no price drop planned. obviously this was a lie, but if you think in terms of a business standpoint, which any game console manufacturer is, you can't really announce a price drop ahead of time or all potential buyers will wait for the price drop to buy your console.

Zeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopesfall View Post
he said there was no price drop planned. obviously this was a lie, but if you think in terms of a business standpoint, which any game console manufacturer is, you can't really announce a price drop ahead of time or all potential buyers will wait for the price drop to buy your console.

Still. Consumers don't like getting outright lied to by some corporation, especially when its revealed two days later.

http://www.reuters.com/article/ousiv...0070706?rpc=92

hopesfall
For a 13.8k, I sure am a fucking retard. Breaking and entering is my life. PS: FUCK YOU GENMAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh scud View Post
at the end of 2007, i don't think anyone will be able to say "ps3 has no games"

because of what? lair? warhawk 1942? it wont be until mid 2008 until it is really worth the purchase as a primary gaming console.

AndrewHanes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeagle View Post
Still. Consumers don't like getting outright lied to by some corporation, especially when its revealed two days later.

http://www.reuters.com/article/ousiv...0070706?rpc=92

Did you buy a PS3 over the last few days?

borsdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewHanes View Post
Did you buy a PS3 over the last few days?

ygpm scud

TwinTurboJosh

80GB SKU w/ Motorstorm for $599 is retarded though. I don't think MS is going to feel any pressure to drop their prices however. Especially with the announcement of how much money they're going to bleed on the new warranty.

hopesfall

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboJosh View Post
80GB SKU w/ Motorstorm for $599 is retarded though. I don't think MS is going to feel any pressure to drop their prices however. Especially with the announcement of how much money they're going to bleed on the new warranty.

yeah i dont really know how many of these they plan on selling, but i cant imagine many who dont already have a ps3 to shell out an extra 100 for 20gb and motorstorm.

Darklight Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopesfall View Post
yeah i dont really know how many of these they plan on selling, but i cant imagine many who dont already have a ps3 to shell out an extra 100 for 20gb and motorstorm.

If the Sony Store deal is still going on, I would. 600 for 3 Games and a 50 Dollar Gift Card? Sounds alright to me. Though they'll probably drop this deal like a hot potato before the new sku hits.