General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

tmoney1876

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuckyouformakingmeregister View Post
So, just to be sure here...you're questioning the credibility of one of the most respected men in the United Kingdom? Do I have that right?

"most respected" has nothing to do with science. You don't let someone that has a financial interest in global warming being "proven" be the chair of a committee to determine if a group interpreted data with a bias...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoney1876 View Post
"most respected" has nothing to do with science. You don't let someone that has a financial interest in global warming being "proven" be the chair of a committee to determine if a group interpreted data with a bias...

You don't know how this works do you?

If you win an award for climatic reconstruction for a specific area for a specific time frame creating all the techniques used by people entering the field you created BUT you now work for an oil company as an advisor on low impact techniques. You are a shill for the oil company if you show the science behind AGW is sketchy at best.

but if you are the head of/on the board several Green companies and you send in a five page whitewash report on the ethics and techniques of people caught in the act of fabricating data and perverting the peer review process you are a saint.

Get with the program before Obama puts you on his enemies list.

Fuckyouformakingmeregister
wall candy eating retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoney1876 View Post

If you knew anything about why he is one of the most respected people in the United Kingdom, you'd be singing a different tune. Like I said before, he used to be the Chairman of a freaking oil company.

Moreover, being a DIRECTOR of a company is not the same thing as being a stockholder. I suspect he owns quite of a bit of oil and gas stock.

OH RLY?

TheMorlock: "Any atmosphere will trap heat. the CO2 in Venus's atmosphere is a RESULT of the high temps"

Ahahahahaha

Last edited by Fuckyouformakingmeregister; 04-23-2010 at 08:14 PM..

TheMorlock

Quote:
If you knew anything about why he is one of the most respected people in the United Kingdom, you'd be singing a different tune. Like I said before, he used to be the Chairman of a freaking oil company.

Moreover, being a DIRECTOR of a company is not the same thing as being a stockholder. I suspect he owns quite of a bit of oil and gas stock.

classic FuckyouforprovingImaloser post.

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
classic FuckyouforprovingImaloser post.

So being a director of a company is the same thing as being a shareholder?

OH RLY?

TheMorlock: "Any atmosphere will trap heat. the CO2 in Venus's atmosphere is a RESULT of the high temps"

Ahahahahaha

TheMorlock

Quote:
So being a director of a company is the same thing as being a shareholder?

Quote:
You don't know how this works do you?

If you win an award for climatic reconstruction for a specific area for a specific time frame creating all the techniques used by people entering the field you created BUT you now work for an oil company as an advisor on low impact techniques. You are a shill for the oil company if you show the science behind AGW is sketchy at best.

but if you are the head of/on the board SEVERAL Green companies and you send in a five page whitewash report on the ethics and techniques of people caught in the act of fabricating data and perverting the peer review process you are a saint.

Get with the program before Obama puts you on his enemies list.

I would tell you not to play dumb but you aren't really playing now are you?

TheMorlock

Quote:
We've been over this volcano point before. It was something like 2 years ago.

Your imagined scenario where Antarctic glaciers are melting solely as a result of underground volcanos is and always has been just that, 'imagined'.

Actually No you pathetic loser. I just showed that Magic Ice advancing and retreating due to the same initiator was bogus.

Especially since the antarctic ice mass was increasing at the time by all measuring techniques except the one meant to be only used for measuring mid ocean tidal changes that required massive expertise to filter out the several feet per hour change from backround noise and not meant to measure a few centimeters a decade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterKinish View Post
Scientists who appeared in BBC program analyzed data presented in Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth". They found that his comparison chart of a rise in the world's temperature aligning with an increase in CO2 was off by at least 800 years. The increase in CO2 was not in sync with global warming as was implied by Gore but actually lagging behind it significantly. What this showed was that global warming is in fact the cause for the increase in CO2, not the other way around as we've been led to believe.

Quote:
No, it doesn't show that. You can't look at one graph like that and say that correlation = causation. Significantly more evidence is required for any such statement (whether it be for or against global warming).

You can certainly show that if something is LAGGING a change then it is NOT POSSIBLE FOR IT TO BE CAUSATIVE of that change. Unless you are a timelord.

Just a little reminder of how idiotic fuckyouforprovingimaloser is and was right from the beginning.

Last edited by TheMorlock; 04-23-2010 at 08:53 PM..

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
Actually No you pathetic loser. I just showed that Magic Ice advancing and retreating due to the same initiator was bogus.

Especially since the antarctic ice mass was increasing at the time by all measuring techniques except the one meant to be only used for measuring mid ocean tidal changes that required massive expertise to filter out the several feet per hour change from backround noise and not meant to measure a few centimeters a decade.

You can certainly show that if something is LAGGING a change then it is NOT POSSIBLE FOR IT TO BE CAUSATIVE of that change. Unless you are a timelord.

Just a little reminder of how idiotic fuckyouforprovingimaloser is and was right from the beginning.

Rehashing the "CO2 lags temperature therefore gg global warming" argument? You can quote all the blog sites you want but it wasn't a valid argument then and sure as shit ain't one now. We're talking about a multi-factor system in which different factors can be affecting the climate at different times.

Scientists have been talking OPENLY about the lag for the past 19 years. No one is trying to keep it a secret, not even Al Gore.Here's a solid explaination about why you're an idiot. Among the many juicy bits is that historical records of temperature CANNOT BE EXPLAINED without accounting for historical CO2 levels. Hmmm..looks like CO2 can affect temperature after all.

Want to take back your story about why Venus is so hot now?

OH RLY?

Ahahahahaha

TheMorlock

Quote:
Rehashing the "CO2 lags temperature therefore gg global warming" argument? You can quote all the blog sites you want but it wasn't a valid argument then and sure as shit ain't one now.

Scientists have been talking OPENLY about the lag for the past 19 years. Here's a solid explaination about why you're an idiot.

Keep trying

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
Keep trying

Keep pretending that Venus is colder than Mercury.

OH RLY?

Ahahahahaha

TheMorlock

Quote:
Keep pretending that Venus is colder than Mercury.

Keep lying about what I said.

Keep pretending that Venus is not warmer than the earth because it is 33 MILLION miles closer.

If you were born in pre civil war america this thread shows you would be black.

Face it dipshit the AGW crowd got hoist by their own petard.

You are just one of the last laughingstocks that still buy into it.

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
Keep lying about what I said.

Keep pretending that Venus is not warmer than the earth because it is 33 MILLION miles closer.

LOL. Now you're pretending you were comparing Venus and Earth?

MERCURY MOTHER FUCKER.

And there's no lying going on here. My signature speaks for itself.

OH RLY?

Ahahahahaha

TheMorlock

Quote:
LOL. Now you're pretending you were comparing Venus and Earth?

MERCURY MOTHER FUCKER.

And there's no lying going on here. My signature speaks for itself.

I did compare venus and earth, anyone that wants to can go back and look at the posts. Some idiot compared venus and mercury in a My Hat Is A Bird So Your Agrument I Invalid response. (I think that was you binky)

You sig speaks for your ignorance because you think its a slam. I never said mercury was hotter. I explained exactly why it was not. Both primary and secondary causes.

You are just proving yourself a bigger idiot and more pathetic asshole every day.

In case people get distracted by fuckyouforprovingimaloser's histrionics AGAIN the current state of the argument is about distortions and outright lies by the AGW community and how trustworthy they are. Oh I guess he isn't off topic at all. My bad.

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
I did compare venus and earth, anyone that wants to can go back and look at the posts. Some idiot compared venus and mercury in a My Hat Is A Bird So Your Agrument I Invalid response. (I think that was you binky)

You sig speaks for your ignorance because you think its a slam. I never said mercury was hotter. I explained exactly why it was not. Both primary and secondary causes.

You are just proving yourself a bigger idiot and more pathetic asshole every day.

Says the guy who thinks that Venus being hotter than Mercury has nothing to do with the CO2 in its atmosphere.

You're a fun one, that's for sure.

EDIT: It's all on page 66 for those wanting to check. I brought up Venus and Mercury and then you spouted off the idiocy quoted in my sig.

OH RLY?

Ahahahahaha

Last edited by Fuckyouformakingmeregister; 04-23-2010 at 10:01 PM..

TheMorlock

Quote:
They come up with lots of explanations. They explained that the entire atmosphere would heat up simultaneously.

Ooops Took a skeptic to point out that they had to be wrong. Took awhile before what the skeptic said was shown to be true. That you would see an increase near ground level while the rest of the atmosphere cooled.

They keep getting it wrong. Been 30+ years and no matter how they much of their data is made up, they still cant do anything more than say Well WAIT 5 years thats when the REal heating will happen.

The only condition shown where CO2 would have any significant impact in temperature forcing is when the earth is frozen solid.

There was evidence that the earth's surface had frozen completely once. But scientists could not figure out any method for a thaw since the albedo would not allow sufficient energy to be retained. Slow outgassing of CO2 could initiate enough heat retention that there would be a thaw after millenia.

I promised in an earlier posting in one of these threads that I would hand out some nice clues.

some actually valid recaps