General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Colonel Sanders
 
Colonel Sanders's Avatar
 
What do you lot think, clean enough for a 22 year old Ford?

Old 09-02-2014, 09:15 PM Colonel Sanders is offline  
Reply With Quote
#31  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
lol, tiny pedals...
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 09-02-2014, 09:18 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#32  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
but yeah, that is clean as fuck.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 09-02-2014, 09:18 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#33  

Colonel Sanders
 
Colonel Sanders's Avatar
 
Yeah but it looks nice for heel toe double clutch downshifting Which btw is extremely easy to do in Saturn SLs.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:28 PM Colonel Sanders is offline  
Reply With Quote
#34  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
wasn't saturn GM?


wait, what are we talking about again?
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 09-02-2014, 10:09 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#35  

Colonel Sanders
 
Colonel Sanders's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
wasn't saturn GM?


wait, what are we talking about again?

that was just a random comment about my bad ass daily driver

fake edit: Saturn is owned by VW
Old 09-02-2014, 11:13 PM Colonel Sanders is offline  
Reply With Quote
#36  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
do they still make saturns?

I thought that shit was defunkt....
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 09-02-2014, 11:38 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#37  

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED
 
lollersk8s's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
do they still make saturns?

I thought that shit was defunkt....

Fuck no

I saw one today with a plate frame that read

TOUCH MY SATURN

AND ILL KICK URANUS


Points for lols but seriously who would want to touch a saturn
__________________
Originally Posted by she nice
i do drink but it's not as effective for immediate relief
Old 09-02-2014, 11:49 PM lollersk8s is offline  
Reply With Quote
#38  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 09-03-2014, 01:38 AM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#39  

Typhoon43
 
Typhoon43's Avatar
 
Those 3800 series engines are fucking go-getters. They take so much damn abuse. Nice find for under 5K. Looks clean!
__________________
I'm the King of Wishful Thinking.....
Old 09-03-2014, 09:00 AM Typhoon43 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#40  

Colonel Sanders
 
Colonel Sanders's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon43 View Post
Those 3800 series engines are fucking go-getters. They take so much damn abuse. Nice find for under 5K. Looks clean!

I think you're thinking of the GM supercharged 3.8 (aka 3800 Series II Supercharged etc.) This was Ford's answer to that engine, although only the Ford one got put into something RWD and available with stick. Hence instantly making it the only one worth a damn

This 3.8 SC in 89-93 cars was rated at 210hp @ 4000rpm and 315lbs ft @ 2600rpm. Basically it's like a freaking diesel from the factory in terms of power band. The optimum shift point is around 4800rpm, it's ridiculous. On the other hand it has metric shit-tons of torque. It's pretty easy to see like 350-370 toarks to the wheels with bolt on mods. Getting them to "breathe" higher up takes a lot more work though, e.g. ported heads, bigger cam, etc.

Unfortunately they were also known to blow headgaskets. It's almost a sure thing that a stock one will eventually blow a head gasket. Thankfully I won't have to worry about that on this car though.

Anyhoo... He'll be sending me photos as he progresses in the build so I can post them here. Holy shit, actual content?!?!?!
Old 09-03-2014, 09:30 PM Colonel Sanders is offline  
Reply With Quote
#41  

Ezekial
 
Ezekial's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollersk8s View Post
lol wtf

everyone uses fobs now but I guess it could conceivably come in handy

I was at trader joes the other day and this chick locked herself out of her car so for people like that? Also kids, ie go get a juice box out of the minivan but dno't lose the keys.....
We have a fob as well but the keypad does come in quite handy. I use it WAY more than I expected.

Examples:
* Outside in yard, need sunglasses, I can use the keypad to get them.
* At the beach/event/etc, I can lock the keys in the car instead of taking them with me.
* Wife has the keys, I can still get in.
* A few times the wife and I have traveled we end up on strange schedules, I leave the car at the airport and she can pick it up after returning from a flight.
__________________
5903b30c5f8206b65a41f72a64e4bf68 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:07 PM Ezekial is offline  
Reply With Quote
#42  

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM
 
GhEttOrAiD's Avatar
 
what did you pay
__________________
[QUOTE=BlisterDick;25482810][b]PLZ keep door unlock for roach and spider[/b][/QUOTE]
✓, ✓, ☑, ☐
Old 09-05-2014, 01:12 PM GhEttOrAiD is offline  
Reply With Quote
#43  

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED
 
lollersk8s's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Sanders View Post
I think you're thinking of the GM supercharged 3.8 (aka 3800 Series II Supercharged etc.) This was Ford's answer to that engine, although only the Ford one got put into something RWD and available with stick. Hence instantly making it the only one worth a damn

This 3.8 SC in 89-93 cars was rated at 210hp @ 4000rpm and 315lbs ft @ 2600rpm. Basically it's like a freaking diesel from the factory in terms of power band. The optimum shift point is around 4800rpm, it's ridiculous. On the other hand it has metric shit-tons of torque. It's pretty easy to see like 350-370 toarks to the wheels with bolt on mods. Getting them to "breathe" higher up takes a lot more work though, e.g. ported heads, bigger cam, etc.

Unfortunately they were also known to blow headgaskets. It's almost a sure thing that a stock one will eventually blow a head gasket. Thankfully I won't have to worry about that on this car though.

Anyhoo... He'll be sending me photos as he progresses in the build so I can post them here. Holy shit, actual content?!?!?!

Sounds like my old L98

Pretty great for a tow truck but in a y body it's kind of retarded so if I kept it long enough I'd have gone Lt1 intake or something.
__________________
Originally Posted by she nice
i do drink but it's not as effective for immediate relief
Old 09-05-2014, 01:54 PM lollersk8s is offline  
Reply With Quote
#44  

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED
 
lollersk8s's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
We have a fob as well but the keypad does come in quite handy. I use it WAY more than I expected.

Examples:

* At the beach/event/etc, I can lock the keys in the car instead of taking them with me.


That actually seems pretty cool. I always hate bringing my keys and then worrying about them getting wet or lost.
__________________
Originally Posted by she nice
i do drink but it's not as effective for immediate relief
Old 09-05-2014, 01:56 PM lollersk8s is offline  
Reply With Quote
#45  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:24 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.