General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

DUmb4ss
Kiddie Corral Material

Quote:
Originally Posted by krayz
my hydrogen Mustang will own you in 7 years
hydrogen fuel cell won't come here within 20 years.

but, sure thing, boss. keep eating up that .

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

DUmb4ss
Kiddie Corral Material

Quote:
Originally Posted by djduquet
1st off:

You're an idiot. A very big idiot.

2nd:

Jetta via Diesel are great autos. Super MPG, great power.
especially with stage 2 rocket chip (no need for a new clutch, (unlike stage 3.. needing other stuff too!)

They FLY with stage II rocketchip.. oh man.. boost++

and better fuel economy if you don't drive it too hard (but it's kinda hard not to, it screws and it's fun :P )

ApathyEcstasy
yeah, different species of slanteye here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopeKevinI
I'm trying to figure out how taxis fit in with the rest of that

i.m.o. taxis are a HELL of a lot cheaper than the costs of owning your own car + car insurance + gas + maintenance + repairs
8.1%, Chinese growth has over-heated! People are
going to riot in the streets! The CCP is about to fall!

djduquet
i am no longer low profile. also, i would like to bring to your attention that i am currently naked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orc Fucker
especially with stage 2 rocket chip (no need for a new clutch, (unlike stage 3.. needing other stuff too!)

They FLY with stage II rocketchip.. oh man.. boost++

and better fuel economy if you don't drive it too hard (but it's kinda hard not to, it screws and it's fun :P )

Yeah, but come on man, this is America. Land of stupid slow speeds.

I figure that I don't need to "rice up" (for lack of a better term) my auto. I just want the bloody thing to be small, get good gas millage, and start every time I get in it. Oh, and not be a white trash American POS car.

Instead, I'm Jap trash!

Go Honda!

Also, fuck you if you don't like Honda. 249,000 mi and still running strong.

Droid Does

DUmb4ss
Kiddie Corral Material

Quote:
Yeah, but come on man, this is America. Land of stupid slow speeds.

I figure that I don't need to "rice up" (for lack of a better term) my auto. I just want the bloody thing to be small, get good gas millage, and start every time I get in it. Oh, and not be a white trash American POS car.

Instead, I'm Jap trash!

Go Honda!

nah, hondas cool as long as it is stock.

wtf, rocket chip != rice

Rocket chip simply replaces the ecu and uses more fuel + boost and controls it, or something to that effect.

you're only changing a computer chip out. That's not rice.

It's not the main computer, just a small computer chip hehe

It safely increases and controls boost, giving you better fuel economy and smoother acceleration.

Nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy
i.m.o. taxis are a HELL of a lot cheaper than the costs of owning your own car + car insurance + gas + maintenance + repairs

average beater = 1500 dollars

average liability auto insurance per month for a driver with no wrecks over 21, probably close to 90 ( i pay 60, but i get a good deal ).

Average costs of fuel for driving 1500 miles per month ( 20 miles a day to and from work, and a bit of travel ) assuming 15 miles per gallon efficiency = 100 gallons * [2.00] = 200 dollars

Cost to buy = 1500
monthly costs = about 300

so in the year you bought the car, you probably will spend 5000 on transportation, without upkeep. With upkeep, id place it around 6000

Now, a taxi here is 5 dollars + 50 cents per mile, so lets take the same numbers above, and assume you have 4 trips per day ( one to work, one home, one somewhere else and back )

Trip charge = 5 * 4 = 20 * 31 = 620 per month in trip charges.
Just for the sake of you being lame ( not you, example ) lets just say you only go to work, and home, and thats 310 a month.

now, 50 cents per mile, 1500 miles...

1500 * .5 = 750 dollars per month.

That makes a grand total of 1060-1370 per month

multiply times 12 = 12720-16440 per year, give or take a hundred bucks.

Lets toss in another one, just for kicks:

Brand new car, with a tolerable monthly payment ( lets say 350 USD, thats pretty average, id think ) + inusurance ( full coverage would run about 250 probably, for this driver ) that makes 600 per month, and assume it gets 25 miles per gallon ( low end, could be even better than this ) = 120 dollars per month in gas usage.

Totals: 720 per month for a brand new car = 8640 a year. Repairs should be handled by the shop under warranty, so its not really a big deal... an oil change bimonthly would run you about 120 extra per year, as well.

heh. Like i said, taxis are expensive.

Last edited by Nano; 03-15-2005 at 12:02 AM..

Nano

Quote:

those hondas will go forever...just like older jeeps... i just passed 280k on my 1987 wagoneer limited

PopeKevinI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy

Do you realize that you pay ALL that PLUS the driver PLUS the

If gas + maintenance + depreciation + insurance cost me $.50 a mile (insanely high figure, probably closer to $.35), then a drive to the nearest Super Wal-Mart would cost me about $10. A taxi trip to the same store would cost over $30.

Yeah, you'll spend three times as much taking taxis everywhere.

PopeKevinI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano
average beater = 1500 dollars

average liability auto insurance per month for a driver with no wrecks over 21, probably close to 90 ( i pay 60, but i get a good deal ).

Average costs of fuel for driving 1500 miles per month ( 20 miles a day to and from work, and a bit of travel ) assuming 15 miles per gallon efficiency = 100 gallons * [2.00] = 200 dollars

Cost to buy = 1500
monthly costs = about 300

so in the year you bought the car, you probably will spend 5000 on transportation, without upkeep. With upkeep, id place it around 6000

Now, a taxi here is 5 dollars + 50 cents per mile, so lets take the same numbers above, and assume you have 4 trips per day ( one to work, one home, one somewhere else and back )

Trip charge = 5 * 4 = 20 * 31 = 620 per month in trip charges.
Just for the sake of you being lame ( not you, example ) lets just say you only go to work, and home, and thats 310 a month.

now, 50 cents per mile, 1500 miles...

1500 * .5 = 750 dollars per month.

That makes a grand total of 1060-1370 per month

multiply times 12 = 12720-16440 per year, give or take a hundred bucks.

Lets toss in another one, just for kicks:

Brand new car, with a tolerable monthly payment ( lets say 350 USD, thats pretty average, id think ) + inusurance ( full coverage would run about 250 probably, for this driver ) that makes 600 per month, and assume it gets 25 miles per gallon ( low end, could be even better than this ) = 120 dollars per month in gas usage.

Totals: 720 per month for a brand new car = 8640 a year. Repairs should be handled by the shop under warranty, so its not really a big deal... an oil change bimonthly would run you about 120 extra per year, as well.

heh. Like i said, taxis are expensive.

Taxis are cheap where you are.

Of course, they have to drive here from wherever you're going, drive you back, then make a return trip after dropping you off. So you pay for TWO round trips for your one.

domisi
WIGGER LOVER. I <3 yuo mikey! Dat nigga Mikey be muh babies daddy

Quote:
Taxis are cheap where you are.

Where he is? Aren't you guys like 30 miles apart?

And Nano, somehow I doubt you put 2000 miles a month on your car only driving to work

arthur pendragon
TweedleDumbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by domisi

And Nano, somehow I doubt you put 2000 miles a month on your car only driving to work

I have 2 brothers who put 200+ a day on their trucks, so I really dont see Nano's 2000 a month as difficult. Since I only oversee one jobsite at a time unlike my brothers who oversee anywhere from 3 to 5, I seldom put more than 100 a day.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orc Fucker
hydrogen fuel cell won't come here within 20 years.

but, sure thing, boss. keep eating up that .

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/03/17/hydrogen_cars/

PopeKevinI

Quote:
Originally Posted by domisi

Quote:
Of course, they have to drive here from wherever you're going, drive you back, then make a return trip after dropping you off. So you pay for TWO round trips for your one.

That explains a bit of it. And for the record, we're nearly 100 miles apart. Texas is a big state, that's a drop in the bucket around here.

As for 2,000 miles a month...my wife drive about 30 miles to work every day. She makes the trip in 25 minutes. That's 60 miles round trip a day, 300 a week, 1200 a month. We put about 1,500 a month on that vehicle counting other driving. My car only sees about 200 miles a month right now. My mileage is still several thousand over hers and we bought our vehicles a month apart.

grh1001

Get used to it motherfuckers

only so many countries you can bomb and sacrifice you children for,

Your fucked.

Love the rest of the world
Old 03-17-2005, 04:59 PM  

newbtard

Quote:
Originally Posted by grh1001
Get used to it motherfuckers

only so many countries you can bomb and sacrifice you children for,

Your fucked.

Love the rest of the world

the rising prices in America will affect the rest of the world just not as badly since barrels of oil are priced in dollars.