General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
J Mel
 
J Mel's Avatar
 
Hot Rodding is Dead - Video

Cool video - makes me want to build another car. Apparently was made 6 or 7 years ago, but just found it last night.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


Have a lead on a 30 Model A Tudor Sedan - complete car for $2500 - suppose to be fairly solid. Wife says no...might have to try to sneak this one by her.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:01 PM J Mel is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.
 
Tex Arcana's Avatar
 
Awesome vid, good luck on the Tudor.
__________________
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.--V


Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs


~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~
Old 05-09-2013, 03:17 PM Tex Arcana is offline  
Reply With Quote
#2  

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.
 
Tex Arcana's Avatar
 
Full motor and everything?
__________________
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.--V


Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs


~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~
Old 05-09-2013, 03:17 PM Tex Arcana is offline  
Reply With Quote
#3  

J Mel
 
J Mel's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post
Full motor and everything?

Yeah, but not running. Entire drivetrain would need replaced....and it certainly would. My plans would be to run full fenders (providing their solid), 3 inches off the roof, small block chevy, full hood and side skirts, nice steelies, perhaps 40 ford wheels - Wide White Walls, 5.60-15 on the front 7.50-16 in the rear. If fenders are too rough to run, drop the body on some pinched '32 rails and run open wheeled.

In fact, just to piss you off, I already have a small block 400 and another 350 waiting to be built. the 350 is going to be rebuilt and put into the '51. But will have the 350 block in the '51 to play with, and that 400 small block is just begging to be built. Need to find a rotating assembly and heads for that though.

Can you tell that I've already been thinking about this for quite some time? I could have that bitch running and driving in 6 months if my bank account would allow it. Hard to sneak $2500 by the wife though. Not counting the other who knows how many thousands of dollars it would take to get running.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:25 PM J Mel is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4  

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.
 
Tex Arcana's Avatar
 
I'm sure there's a tchebbie show that needs a fluffer, they can pay you in rotating assemblies!!

J/K!!


Yeah, you have been planning alot... Maybe time for that second job...
__________________
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.--V


Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs


~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~
Old 05-09-2013, 03:57 PM Tex Arcana is offline  
Reply With Quote
#5  

J Mel
 
J Mel's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post
I'm sure there's a tchebbie show that needs a fluffer, they can pay you in rotating assemblies!!

J/K!!


Yeah, you have been planning alot... Maybe time for that second job...

I technically have the money for the car itself....not wise for me to spend it on another car (especially when i have 2 other hot-rods that could use some cash thrown at it). But Damn it, i'm obsessed with Model A's. Its just that we have other debt to take care of....money is better spent there. But can't have too many hot-rods as far as i'm concerned. I could sell mine and use it towards another one, but i'm hesitant to sell my first build. Its too small, and i'm to the point now where it only makes sense to sell it or dump more money into it to make it nicer, but I just can't bring myself to sell the damned thing.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:11 PM J Mel is offline  
Reply With Quote
#6  

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.
 
Tex Arcana's Avatar
 
I'll tell ya right now: a child will pretty much end most of your hobby, unless y'all make enough money to cover both the hobby and kid. And the kid will take up ALL y'all's time for the first 5 years at least.
__________________
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.--V


Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs


~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~
Old 05-09-2013, 04:32 PM Tex Arcana is offline  
Reply With Quote
#7  

J Mel
 
J Mel's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post
I'll tell ya right now: a child will pretty much end most of your hobby, unless y'all make enough money to cover both the hobby and kid. And the kid will take up ALL y'all's time for the first 5 years at least.

Another reason why i think I should buy it now. The good news is that the wife is fully on board with the hobby. She likes the lifestyle, the cars, and the people, so I don't have to worry about her making me sell the cars...in fact, thats why we got the '51...a car with a backseat and seatbelts to put a carseat in. Just need to get all the toys I can possibly get now before (if) my boys learn how to swim.

BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY
Old 05-09-2013, 04:39 PM J Mel is offline  
Reply With Quote
#8  

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.
 
Tex Arcana's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mel View Post
Another reason why i think I should buy it now. The good news is that the wife is fully on board with the hobby. She likes the lifestyle, the cars, and the people, so I don't have to worry about her making me sell the cars...in fact, thats why we got the '51...a car with a backseat and seatbelts to put a carseat in. Just need to get all the toys I can possibly get now before (if) my boys learn how to swim.

BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY

Then what're you waiting for?? BUY IT, BiTCH!!
__________________
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.--V


Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs


~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~
Old 05-09-2013, 04:42 PM Tex Arcana is offline  
Reply With Quote
#9  

J Mel
 
J Mel's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post
Then what're you waiting for?? BUY IT, BiTCH!!

The bitch won't let me buy it due to other bills and needing to throw money at both of the other hot-rods. She says "we don't need it", and that its "irrisponsible", and that we "already have 2 incomplete cars, that we don't need a 3rd".

Woman, this is no time for logical thinking!!! Daddy wants a Model A!!!

However, the '27 does have carb issues that needs to be addressed, and could use some body-work and new (working) gauges and the interrior is pretty rough. And the '51 desperately needs to be re-wired, engine needs to be rebuilt (have one set aside for that), new gauges and interrior, new floor pans in the trunk, and she's wanting to bag and paint it as well. So, I have plenty of money to spend on my two existing cars - adding a 3rd might not be the best choice in the world.

But...I did sneak $250 by her and bought a new steering wheel for the roadster. Got rid of an ugly crappy grant in place for a 40 Ford steering wheel (repop). Its purdy, and its just what the car needed. She seemed a little pissy about that when I told her (after it delivered).
Old 05-09-2013, 05:08 PM J Mel is offline  
Reply With Quote
#10  

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.
 
Tex Arcana's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mel View Post
The bitch won't let me buy it due to other bills and needing to throw money at both of the other hot-rods. She says "we don't need it", and that its "irrisponsible", and that we "already have 2 incomplete cars, that we don't need a 3rd".

Woman, this is no time for logical thinking!!! Daddy wants a Model A!!!

However, the '27 does have carb issues that needs to be addressed, and could use some body-work and new (working) gauges and the interrior is pretty rough. And the '51 desperately needs to be re-wired, engine needs to be rebuilt (have one set aside for that), new gauges and interrior, new floor pans in the trunk, and she's wanting to bag and paint it as well. So, I have plenty of money to spend on my two existing cars - adding a 3rd might not be the best choice in the world.

But...I did sneak $250 by her and bought a new steering wheel for the roadster. Got rid of an ugly crappy grant in place for a 40 Ford steering wheel (repop). Its purdy, and its just what the car needed. She seemed a little pissy about that when I told her (after it delivered).

Easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission, in many cases.

And where are the pics of said wheel?? And hot wife, for that matter?
__________________
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.--V


Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs


~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~
Old 05-09-2013, 05:13 PM Tex Arcana is offline  
Reply With Quote
#11  

J Mel
 
J Mel's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post
Easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission, in many cases.

And where are the pics of said wheel?? And hot wife, for that matter?


Old Wheel:


New Wheel:
Old 05-09-2013, 05:46 PM J Mel is offline  
Reply With Quote
#12  

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.
 
Tex Arcana's Avatar
 
Yes, money well spent.
__________________
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.--V


Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs


~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~
Old 05-09-2013, 06:08 PM Tex Arcana is offline  
Reply With Quote
#13  

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED
 
lollersk8s's Avatar
 
Hot rodding today is like owning horses. You really have to want it because there's a lot you're giving up.
__________________
Originally Posted by she nice
i do drink but it's not as effective for immediate relief
Old 05-09-2013, 07:46 PM lollersk8s is offline  
Reply With Quote
#14  

J Mel
 
J Mel's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollersk8s View Post
Hot rodding today is like owning horses. You really have to want it because there's a lot you're giving up.

I don't feel I'm giving up anything. Not different than many other hobbies....just cooler. jk
Old 05-09-2013, 08:34 PM J Mel is offline  
Reply With Quote
#15  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:16 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.