General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

IcW@teR
Ice Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_Table View Post
I once bumped a 5-year necro post by a spammer.

w0rd

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

?psalus
Apsalus

Nice necro, spambot. People who attempt to convert non-HID lamps to HID and those who use halogens with filtered lenses (ghetto) are fucking idiots.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apsalus View Post
Nice necro, spambot. People who attempt to convert non-HID lamps to HID and those who use halogens with filtered lenses (ghetto) are fucking idiots.

Go fist yourself, shitstain.

The tint on the vinyl is extremely subtle, it protects the plastic and it looks better than stock.

Liquid_Table
Waiting for that fateful day of bannage, c'mon Kyle be a man and push the button you big fairy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apsalus View Post

My A6 did not have HIDs but it did have projector lenses. I added some bulbs and ballast and was good to go. Light output is awesome and none of the friends I've drive behind have complained.

*IF* you're going to convert to HIDs, you must have projector lenses. Otherwise you're 1) wasting a lot of light output, 2) annoying the shit out of everyone around you and 3) blinding yourself in fog, rain and snow.

?psalus
Apsalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
Go fist yourself, shitstain.

The tint on the vinyl is extremely subtle, it protects the plastic and it looks better than stock.
I was talking about your choice of bulb, you moron. Blue filter on a halogen bulb = less light output.

Quote:
My A6 did not have HIDs but it did have projector lenses. I added some bulbs and ballast and was good to go. Light output is awesome and none of the friends I've drive behind have complained.

*IF* you're going to convert to HIDs, you must have projector lenses. Otherwise you're 1) wasting a lot of light output, 2) annoying the shit out of everyone around you and 3) blinding yourself in fog, rain and snow.
Of course lamps with projector lenses are the exception. Most of the drivers that attempt to upgrade non-HID lamps to HID don't have projectors though.

Viperoni

Quote:

Although halogen bulb based projectors are better than standard reflector housings, they're still not as good as projectors designed for HID's - the two bulbs are still physically different and can throw light in a different direction.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

What blue filter?

MasterOfNone
Nice sack, May I gargle?

Quote:
I once bumped a 5-year necro post by a spammer.

Gee, so did I, and three other people before me! Thanks for noticing!

Viperoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
What blue filter?

Typical tint colour of a "high performance" headlight bulb

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperoni View Post
Typical tint colour of a "high performance" headlight bulb

nah they're pretty damn white i'll take a pic tonight

gribly

Quote:

Like Viperoni said, you're doing it wrong. But I'll take it one step further than him, you have to use projector housings designed for the specific model number bulb you are using, otherwise you are not properly reflecting the light. On top of that, it's still federally illegal. You cannot even take a base model car that has HID's as an option, but didn't come with them from the factory, and add the factory optional lights, even if you use a 100% OEM setup. But, I'm not stopping you from breaking the law - just informing you of it.