General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

SemperFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
Additionally having a physical keyboard is necessary for lengthy replies.

I used to think the same. I can send messages faster with swype than I ever could thumbing out on a bb.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

KorruptioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
I used to think the same. I can send messages faster with swype than I ever could thumbing out on a bb.

I'm not very familiar with Swype. Does it rely on autocorrect?

SemperFly

how so?

KorruptioN

I don't know, I'm asking you

Does it assist in spelling certain words?

SemperFly

on some combinations there's really only one logical word but sometimes the pattern for then and them is close enough that it asks which one I want. things like that. it learns what words you use most often and which ones you pick when it gives you choices so it gets better as time goes on. I'd say it has about an 80% success rate if I'm using it normally, almost perfect if I'm paying attention and not rushing it

I only go through about a dozen or so emails but as many in texts during the work day. and occasionally dicking around on forums or searching for shit. I understand that some people want the physical keyboard of a blackberry but even with how fast I could thumb type, swype is better for me overall. currently the only advantage BB still has over android is encryption and security. when even the government is looking at moving away from blackberries for secure comms you know its lost its edge. sad because I loved my curve

ERL857

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanwOOt View Post
I have the newest Bold touch. With the phone OFF, it is the perfect phone. Beautiful looking, well laid out keyboard, touch screen, metal accents. menu buttons, HARDWARE keys for pickup and hangup, and a touchpad pointer.

Then you turn it on and things go downhill. Blackberry does texting, calendar and email very well, but it doesnt even have the power to run things like google maps with reliability. Mine seems to begin locking up within hours at this point (maybe I need to reflash the OS, but thats a big pain).

The major problems with it is when it starts doing "media processor is busy" and it wont play any sounds, cant use camera.

The camera is also worthless on this thing.

I guess RIM has the copy rights for the designs to the perfect phone hardware layout (IMO). But they have the worst software, no 3rd party app support, and its frustrating because it really SHOULD be the best.

iPhone is a testament that software is more important than how you lay out the keyboard and hardware keys but RIM could really be great, i dont know how they failed so hard.

agreed on the camera, but as a blackberry I've found it pretty solid for work.