General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

fucking seriously double post in the middle of an edit?

rip genmay

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
fucking seriously double post in the middle of an edit?

rip genmay

Literally the slowest death in recorded history.

"BOOM! I'M BACK, BABY!! I'M BEAST MODE!!!"
- Tony Romo, definitely
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0L_WSBrws4

voidme

Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
So I sold my WRX after 13 years and I'm ready to get a new fun replacement. My current DD I've had for 4 years and I want to trade that in as well and I want to get something that's entertaining and can actually be driven instead of another DD and another project. I've had a car that just sat in my garage for years and it wasn't worth it. I am looking in the $50-55k range. Here are the requirements:

1. 4 doors
2. Newer than 2010.
3. Either handles exceptionally well or is quick.

Adaptive cruise control would be nice but it would kill most options. I also would like to be able to keep 2 medium dogs separate from passengers, which pushes me towards wagons and CUV/SUVs. It's not a prerequisite though, just a major plus in case I decide to have kids.

I have been eyeing 2012-2013 Mercedes E63 AMGs for this reason. It fits all bills. I can afford to buy one but the upkeep will likely drive me into the poor house. I'm not so much worried about the $900 service ever 10k miles as I am about replacing parts as they fail. Any Mercedes techs left here? I don't want to get stuck with a DD Mercedes that cost me as much as my WRX to keep on the road.

Does anyone have any other options they can recommend? I know someone will inevitably recommend a Cayenne/Macan Turbo, but they don't seem like they would be that fun to drive. For comparison's sake, the E63 will make ~ 600 whp and 700 ft lbs of torque with an exhaust, filter, and tune.

If you live in a warm all year state buy one cruise bike with a side car attachment and one of those cruise/semisport honda bikes for fun. Whatever they now make that is heir to the V65 Magna

brfatal

Quote:
Originally Posted by voidme View Post
If you live in a warm all year state buy one cruise bike with a side car attachment and one of those cruise/semisport honda bikes for fun. Whatever they now make that is heir to the V65 Magna

I'm looking at S1000Rs, R nineTs, Tuonos, and FZ10s.

But I live in a place that has all 4 seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon43 View Post
That's correct. Check out a used CLS63 AMG for some fun. Or even a C63. Check this one out for 40 grand. If I wasn't hung up on AWD for my next car I'd be all over this ride: http://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w2...-warranty.html

I'm actually looking at wagons, which is why the E63 stuck out. It was largely between this and the CTS-V but this car has won out in sound, ability to make power with minor mods, build quality, and the few CTS-V owners I've met have all complained about traction control on the Cadillac.

Last edited by brfatal; 02-08-2017 at 09:38 AM..

Typhoon43

Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
I'm actually looking at wagons, which is why the E63 stuck out. It was largely between this and the CTS-V but this car has won out in sound, ability to make power with minor mods, build quality, and the few CTS-V owners I've met have all complained about traction control on the Cadillac.

Well in all fairnes, the CTS-V is a MUCH better platform to mod when it comes to price points buut yes, the factory TC sucks, which is why any time you want to race or put it through its paces, you turn it off on the steering wheel. If you have all 4 seasonswhere you live, the AWD in the Benz would be a great selling point, although the V crowd says our cars handle surprisingly well with Blizzacks on. I'm assuming the curb weight has a lot to do with that