General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
ShoelessOne
 
ShoelessOne's Avatar
 
I played madman for the first time yesterday, and despite not knowing what I was doing once I hit lvl 11 I felt pretty much unbeatable. Actually my K ratio was bad, but that was because blood hunter was fed early game and I was laning with him.

Question:
Anybody know who has the quickest attack animation/best at last hitting? Blood Hunter is really good in my limited experience, but...

Also, 3 PM EST is like, work time, isn't it? What about later, like, 8 or 9 EST?
__________________
N[W]O - ***Ace Sextuple***

****I AM ACTUALLY shoelessone****
b87f7c8231bcef050989f5aa358fc6c0
Old 07-27-2009, 08:35 AM ShoelessOne is offline  
Reply With Quote
#226  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Renork
 
Renork's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoelessOne View Post
I played madman for the first time yesterday, and despite not knowing what I was doing once I hit lvl 11 I felt pretty much unbeatable. Actually my K ratio was bad, but that was because blood hunter was fed early game and I was laning with him.

Question:
Anybody know who has the quickest attack animation/best at last hitting? Blood Hunter is really good in my limited experience, but...

Also, 3 PM EST is like, work time, isn't it? What about later, like, 8 or 9 EST?


It is not about the animation, attack speed is a character attribute and something that can be modified with items.


I don't know if it is mostly my playstyle, my preferred hero, or a combination but with Hellbringer I typically have at least 2x as much building damage as anyone else on my team or greater.

One of my big complaints in strategy adopted by most people in the PUGs is they push to the towers and then run the fuck away without attacking them at all, even when we are in groups of 3 and do not see any opposing heroes yet. We push all the way up, I ult and start raping towers and they run away.
__________________
.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:52 PM Renork is offline  
Reply With Quote
#227  

lonedawg
Stiler
 
lonedawg's Avatar
 
Because if you extend yourself with no one behind you the enemies will notice you a nd come in for a backdoor/gangbang since they have sight from the tower they can easily send two guys around, attack, then send in the rest from the front and with lots of crowd control it's not hard to take down a whole team with a well planned attack.

One of the best characters to get around this though is Slither. If you have him make him put down his wards with one behind youa nd one to the side and then you can easily tell wheln they are coming behind you and be ready.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:42 PM lonedawg is offline  
Reply With Quote
#228  

Thewes
B==[|||||]==D~~
 
Isnt League of legends the official dota remake made by ice frog? All these other ones like demi god and this game aren't by icefrog are they?
Old 07-27-2009, 02:48 PM Thewes is offline  
Reply With Quote
#229  

ShoelessOne
 
ShoelessOne's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewes View Post
Isnt League of legends the official dota remake made by ice frog? All these other ones like demi god and this game aren't by icefrog are they?

Looks nothing like DotA to me.

The great thing about dota, is that it's classic (imo) just like any other classic game that doens't ever have to change and will still be awesome.
__________________
N[W]O - ***Ace Sextuple***

****I AM ACTUALLY shoelessone****
b87f7c8231bcef050989f5aa358fc6c0
Old 07-27-2009, 03:20 PM ShoelessOne is offline  
Reply With Quote
#230  

-espionage-
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoelessOne View Post
Looks nothing like DotA to me.

The great thing about dota, is that it's classic (imo) just like any other classic game that doens't ever have to change and will still be awesome.

except for the latest patch, which changed the gameplay a shitload for the worse
__________________
How many Jeeps would an Isajeep Jeep if an Isajeep could Jeep Jeeps?
Old 07-27-2009, 03:51 PM -espionage- is offline  
Reply With Quote
#231  

lonedawg
Stiler
 
lonedawg's Avatar
 
As far as I know (never played Dota) HoN is kind of oa port of Dota, using a lot of heroes and items but with name changes and with their own graphics enginge, etc.

They got the ok from Ice to make the game.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:09 PM lonedawg is offline  
Reply With Quote
#232  

Edo
 
Edo's Avatar
 
HON used DOTA heavily as its framework (with ice's blessing)and is now branching off.

LOL is from the makers of Dota who are doing their own game in the same manner. Icefrog is not the original creator, but the one who took the reigns and leads the current team.

Madman is way too overpowered, they need to get rid of his windwalk and I think he'd be fine. I agree that this game has a lot of imbalances.. that need to be addressed. This is why its beta!
Old 07-27-2009, 04:49 PM Edo is offline  
Reply With Quote
#233  

SGT Rob
 
SGT Rob's Avatar
 
BUG

Don't pick up an item in your stash and try to place it "over" an item in your inventory. You'd think it would place it in that spot and pick up the item that was in the spot right? Well for me it just deletes the item that you're trying to place something over.
__________________
Xbox360 GT: WhiteRob86
e5cd24560f139eb59d3be22c0f68b3eb
7d2c6e20d78c82f890be1ca980f42ac7
Old 07-27-2009, 06:10 PM SGT Rob is offline  
Reply With Quote
#234  

needsmoarwowbeta
 
'
__________________
ef518d5a6c1e15a2e68e065f3b6afbf2
Old 07-27-2009, 06:25 PM needsmoarwowbeta is offline  
Reply With Quote
#235  

rich4rdee
 
rich4rdee's Avatar
 
awesome game so far...

add mandingo
__________________
"those who are possessed by nothing possess everything"
Old 07-27-2009, 09:50 PM rich4rdee is offline  
Reply With Quote
#236  

Doram
 
If we get Genmay going or something, clan wise on HoN, pst me.
UN is Doram.
__________________
dfb3bac2ba6a6be4deaac7334f93c106 [pornmay.com]
Old 07-28-2009, 08:45 AM Doram is offline  
Reply With Quote
#237  

NeoPotency
 
I have 5 invites available, please email me I won't check PMs.
__________________
"There's only one thing harder than getting a dog in a bathtub ... and that's putting your cock and balls into your own asshole." -evildre
Old 07-28-2009, 09:38 AM NeoPotency is offline  
Reply With Quote
#238  

EBoundEE
 
lol frontpage
Old 07-28-2009, 09:45 AM EBoundEE is offline  
Reply With Quote
#239  

Condoner
 
Condoner's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renork View Post
It is not about the animation, attack speed is a character attribute and something that can be modified with items.


I don't know if it is mostly my playstyle, my preferred hero, or a combination but with Hellbringer I typically have at least 2x as much building damage as anyone else on my team or greater.

One of my big complaints in strategy adopted by most people in the PUGs is they push to the towers and then run the fuck away without attacking them at all, even when we are in groups of 3 and do not see any opposing heroes yet. We push all the way up, I ult and start raping towers and they run away.

I'm not sure about the mechanics with HoN, but attack speed was very character animation dependent in DotA. Certain characters, like alchemist and lycanthrope could attack very, very quickly, whereas others would very quickly reach their animation cap.

You are correct in essence, that the attack speed is based upon items and your heroes agility, but at the same time, it is character animation dependent.

Spells also had animation times in dota, but if you were good, you could break the animation of your spellcasting, something that HoN lacked when I played it a bit ago, hopefully that's been introduced since, because it simply didn't feel like dota with certain heroes.(Shadowfiend especially, casting a nuke would stop me dead in my tracks in HoN, whereas I used to chase and kill people all the time in dota.)

There's a reason to not kill towers. Lane control is no laughing matter. However, I generally play push everything in as quickly as possible to give your team an early gold advantage, as I feel that gives your team a much larger advantage than being setup for a few easier ganks, as teleport allows you to get away from pretty much any gank if you're even remotely aware of what's going on in the game.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:33 PM Condoner is offline  
Reply With Quote
#240  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:38 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.