General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Pirate View Post
What do you like about kraken's whirlpool ult? I guess I don't see it but I haven't been using it effectively.

He would drop a couple guys on top of me, which I'd AOE/poison+slow. While they are right on top of a tower. Kraken would then come back and do whatever it is he does to help finish the beatdown.

It was pretty much guaranteed death for everyone that moved in to melee kraken.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

-espionage-

MentalSuicide

invites sent 3 left And add me in game !!! Mental

-espionage-

hoook it up son

MentalSuicide

Quote:
Originally Posted by -espionage- View Post
hoook it up son

i did!

Boomba

It's not uncommon for DOTA beginners to think Scout/BH and SA/Nighthound are overpowered - once you accept that you need to get a gem/wards, they drop very easily to focus fire.

I'd say the most powerful hero right now is Madman - his stealth is not a problem but he has 2 escape-type skills. This is way too much for a ganker type hero - the fact that he can barrel roll out of trouble or use the movespeed from his stealth is just ridiculous. Top it off with the fact that his ult gives a big movespeed boost and he's got 3 ways to escape after a gank. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much mobility on him.

Hakubi
Drrr I's smart smart

there are A LOT of broken gameplay mechanics and heroes right now...too many to list

one that gets me the most is their Ogre Magi clone (blacksmith)
he has a 5x multicast instead of 4 ... can be effected by scepter and has a higher chance the ogre magi to actually proc MC... the worst part is it isn't cast over 5 spells so i can get hood, its cast as a base damage multiplier in 1 spell ... 1250 damage spammable nuke, beastly slow/dot, rape inducing team support with bloodlust and an ult that makes them even more insane ... what were they thinking.

lonedawg
Stiler

...lol, I didn't understand a word you just said, guess I still hav ea lot to learn

Redemption

I love the Madman so much. You only use the stealth to catch someone or run away, you don't need it otherwise. Barrel roll to slow, I hardly even have to use the ult most of the time. Get steamboots and abyssal skull, maybe a Ripshard or Slash and then save for the Wingbow.

Blood Hunter is my favorite really. The ult does more damage the further they run and cast the frenzy on yourself or silence someone else.

I want to play now fuck.

ShoelessOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomba View Post
It's not uncommon for DOTA beginners to think Scout/BH and SA/Nighthound are overpowered - once you accept that you need to get a gem/wards, they drop very easily to focus fire.

I'd say the most powerful hero right now is Madman - his stealth is not a problem but he has 2 escape-type skills. This is way too much for a ganker type hero - the fact that he can barrel roll out of trouble or use the movespeed from his stealth is just ridiculous. Top it off with the fact that his ult gives a big movespeed boost and he's got 3 ways to escape after a gank. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much mobility on him.

Well, I'll say this: I'm no pro, but i'm not a total newb, and while I accept that scout may not be a great team hero, in a pub game in which scout is pro and gets fed, he is basically impossible to kill. If he has 2 or 3 levels on your team, you're donzored. At least in my experience.

Anyway, I agree about madman - funny, there is a guy who I believe is a programmer for S2, his name is S2Kyle, and I've played with him a few times and every time he plays he picks Madman.

****I AM ACTUALLY shoelessone****
b87f7c8231bcef050989f5aa358fc6c0

Redemption

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoelessOne View Post
Well, I'll say this: I'm no pro, but i'm not a total newb, and while I accept that scout may not be a great team hero, in a pub game in which scout is pro and gets fed, he is basically impossible to kill. If he has 2 or 3 levels on your team, you're donzored. At least in my experience.

Anyway, I agree about madman - funny, there is a guy who I believe is a programmer for S2, his name is S2Kyle, and I've played with him a few times and every time he plays he picks Madman.

Scout is easy to kill with dust, wards, or a gem.

-espionage-

so did they stop giving people invites? it says i have 0/0 invites left to give :[

Busterzx202

Quote:
Originally Posted by -espionage- View Post
so did they stop giving people invites? it says i have 0/0 invites left to give :[

Same And I had a couple of buddies I wanted to invite in too.

Chilly

I heard they were doing another facebook promotion. friend them up if you havent already.

Bill

Second try as Nighthound I went 8/1.

I've kind of figured Zephyr out. In pubs with shitty coordination, I don't get good ratios (2/1, 1/3) but I single handedly kept all three lanes pushed and took two sets of def/melee/ranged base rax in both games.

In the game I went 1/3 in, I did more damage to heroes than anyone else on my team, I think its more of a crazy support dude.