General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

?psalus
Apsalus

So InstantAction has gone tits-up.

...taking an awesome Tribes-clone, among other games, with it. RIP.

www.instantaction.com
www.torquepowered.com/community/blogs/view/20495

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

VapoRub

Yeah, I heard a few days ago that a lot of Torque Developers (the kind that make Torque) were let go.

There were discounts popping up in the App developer scene to nab the other Torque Developers (the ones that use Torque).

melt

augh, so i can't play legions anymore... Hopefully i get selected for tribes universe beta

Polyhedric Mu

i was thinking about going back to legions and giving it another shot. haven't played since the beta when there were only 2 maps. guess it's too late now though. if they're smart they'll put it on steam for free.

?psalus
Apsalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyhedric Mu View Post
i was thinking about going back to legions and giving it another shot. haven't played since the beta when there were only 2 maps. guess it's too late now though. if they're smart they'll put it on steam for free.
It had always been free to play. Towards the end they added microtransactions in the form of cosmetic enhancements for your in-game appearance, but nothing that changed the gameplay. Considering where the state that the game was in before these troubled waters, I'd shell out upwards of $15 for it if they put it up on Steam. It was getting really good. I hope that, at the very least, the Tribes IP doesn't sink with FEL.

crumbaker

liked legions initially but then got to the point where I was one of the better players, but people caught on that the grenade launcher was perfect for waiting around till someones boost went out and an easy kill.

Also the rockets timing was screwing up my quake live rockets timing.

Still a shame to see it go, I think they will release it one way or another, would be stupid just to throw away all that code.

melt

well with legions gone i hopped back on tribes to see if it was dead. to my surprise v1.4 is out adding a whole slew of things (widescreen support, high-res .png, built in mine,ski,gren,inv,bodyblock,chat scripts,hud map, visible OObounds, DoX,LT maps, and more!) i was actually in a full LT base server last night too!

v1.4 can be dled here: http://library.theexiled.pwnageserve...le.php?id=2701

Polyhedric Mu

Quote:
Originally Posted by melt View Post
well with legions gone i hopped back on tribes to see if it was dead. to my surprise v1.4 is out adding a whole slew of things (widescreen support, high-res .png, built in mine,ski,gren,inv,bodyblock,chat scripts,hud map, visible OObounds, DoX,LT maps, and more!) i was actually in a full LT base server last night too!

v1.4 can be dled here: http://library.theexiled.pwnageserve...le.php?id=2701

you should probably check out tribes next. it's free tribes 2. their site says there are 41 servers up and some of them are full right now. although they may be bots...

http://www.tribesnext.com/

Fixious

Legions ain't dead. IA gave it to the community. It lives on at LegionsOverdrive (dot) com. Should be up and running before Christmas.

?psalus
Apsalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixious View Post
Legions ain't dead. IA gave it to the community. It lives on at LegionsOverdrive (dot) com. Should be up and running before Christmas.

Sweet. I was keeping my fingers crossed that the code would get handed off to an entity that respects it.

melt

awesome! this is great news.

Polyhedric Mu

sorry for the bump, but legions overdrive is in open beta

http://www.legionsoverdrive.com/

?psalus
Apsalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyhedric Mu View Post
sorry for the bump, but legions overdrive is in open beta

http://www.legionsoverdrive.com/
It's not like this board can't afford a thread over a couple weeks old bumped to the top. Thanks for bringing the beta to my attention.

melt

freaking sweet, Ive just been playing the 1 full "Community" tribes 1 server and 1 full "Goons" tribes 2 server.

hah now there is 1 legions server thats full, not bad

Last edited by melt; 01-13-2011 at 03:23 AM..