General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

EthanHunt

DCUO buddy keys

anyone have one they wouldn't mind giving to me, i want to try the game out first before i buy it, prefer for the pc but i could play on the ps3 to i guess

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

xtaC

Man, I'd love one for Pc too

huxley
Don't respond to me, I can't read your posts :(

you know, I am not really interested in the game but I love the cinematic trailer.

EthanHunt

can someone edit this to become the official dcuo thread?

i broke down and bought it and i like it, pretty good game, some issues but i think with content updates itll really just get better

and no i cant give out my buddy key its reserved atm =/

Mixomatosys
Cool Kid

i bought and i'm currently level 14. i don't know if i'd be pay $15 a month for it after the free month, but i'm enjoying it for right now.

Opcode

I bought it via D2D, so no Buddy key.
Hit level 30 last night. The story arc's are good, actually amazing. I was never really into DC comic's growing up (Marvel nerd) but I mean hanging out at the comic shop in my early teens I do know an ok amount of the DC lore and universe. The writers of this game did a great job. It's worth the price of admission if you enjoy comic themed action games on PS3 or Xbox. I do want to try my hand at tanking now that I'm 30. With a balanced group I think it will be fun and not very difficult.

I doubt i will play it once Rift's head start begins on the 24th of Feb.. till then though this is good times.

Typical SOE though, they had some fucking amazing idea's and you can see them if you look just below the surface. Sadly they didn't implement them very well if at all. For instance, the few times I've ran Alerts (instances you can run while you are leveling) people rarely switch out of their DPS role and into their Tank, Controller, or Healer roll. Everyone wants to just HULK SMASH! and omg it can be a total cluster fuck. Maybe I missed it but at no point does the game hold your hand and tell you that one day you might have to do something other than DPS.

Tanks = tank. Reduced DPS but Increased threat.
Controllers = control and also restore energy to the group. Letting tanks continue to use their tanking abilities and healers to use the healing abilities.
Healers = heal.
DPS = DPS

You can run Alerts with 1 dps. 1 tank and 1 healer. I did it yesterday but it can be a headache. I just wish each class had a class specific quest where they had to use their role so they would at least know wtf is going on.

Anyhow just got a phone call and lost my train of thought. lol

Last edited by Opcode; 01-20-2011 at 10:16 AM..

Roam

Been playing it some too. Its certainly better than most for a brand new MMO. Sorta button mashing action though, which is fun, but it doesnt translate well into a MMO due to lag. It mainly effects pvp though.

The open world and instanced PVP isnt bad, but stuns, knockdowns/ups, interupts, etc. they are all spammable for the most part. You do have a defense button, and that will break you out of that sorta stuff... but its all to easy to just do another type attack right after someone breaks out. So alot of the times the person getting the first hit will win. Like with my controller who uses dual pistols, I can almost infinitely juggle a person devil may cry style... makes the combat really fun, but just cheap at the same time.

If anyone who like the CoX and CO games is considering this, be careful. It is indeed very similar, but if the great character creation in the other games are what hooked you, then dont bother. This one is extremely limited in comparison to those. You do unlock more gear options as you go, and it adds nice progression. You can also just take the stats of an item and pick the look of anything you've unlocked. So it doesnt stay limited too bad... but the total number of things that you can edit on a single character is below CoX and CO, so with everything unlocked its still behind them in that aspect.

Pretty much the big difference between this and the other super hero games, is in those games I can think of something in my head and the game instantly gives me the tools to make exactly that. DC doesnt have that, visually its hard to even come close to what you might think up. And for powers, its really just picking a class... the classes arent bad though and weapon selection adds variety to them, just not the unique feeling I got from picking my power make-up in CO.

Last edited by Roam; 01-21-2011 at 05:18 AM..

Electrikfuzz050

PvP is shit. Imagine it's WoW with everyone playing a rogue pre-stunlock nerf with no gcd and unlimited energy. You have a trinket without a cd, but there aren't any drs so it's useless.

Rankon

Hello, if some one has a spare Buddy Key and would like to let me use it. please pm me thank you. as aside note i can also play with you in-game if you wanted could be awesome .. if not no worries ... game looks like a DDO but power instead of magic.

Seikan

sounds really cool! i'd really appreciate a buddy key if anyone has one to spare. does a buddy key allow me to check out the game for a limited time or something?