General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Bravo_2

Well, she still hasn't gotten her period yet, but she said she feels like she is about to get it (cramps/boobs... which other sources say could be a sign of pregnancy, but I would think they would feel a bit different). She also said she is sometimes irregular. So I'm not really sure what to think at this point.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

oby

My girl just got an IUD, the 2% failure rate one...

...and i'm just trying to understand what kind of risk i'm running and getting her preggers. Does the 2% failure rate mean that 1 in 50 times of busting a nut in her i'll end up sealing the deal?

Would it be worth using a condom as well as her having the IUD?

thegrandpenguin

Does the patch have a history of prolonging or "messing" with a girl's cycle? She had to stop using it about 3-4 weeks ago or so and we only had sex between then and now once, during which I used a condom. She said she was "suppose" to have her period this Sunday but it hasn't come yet. Does it usually take longer for a girl to normalize after coming off the patch?

NecessaryEvil

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrandpenguin View Post
Does the patch have a history of prolonging or "messing" with a girl's cycle? She had to stop using it about 3-4 weeks ago or so and we only had sex between then and now once, during which I used a condom. She said she was "suppose" to have her period this Sunday but it hasn't come yet. Does it usually take longer for a girl to normalize after coming off the patch?

I would say yes, but that is a question she should ask her doctor.

valgal190

The patch can mess with a your period. There are tons of things that can mess with it, eating habits, exercise habits, and so on. I would think that she would have some break through bleeding right after going off the patch. Most girls will bleed from withdrawal from the birth control after going off it. If she did bleed after going off it, then she would get her period 4 weeks or so after the break through bleeding stopped. I would wait a week before freaking out.

Last edited by valgal190; 07-15-2007 at 09:58 PM..

chris's_girl

thanx

wow thanx for takin your time to research all the very important info on this subject. its nice to see that someone cares i am very greatfull so thanx again

kinkyd

also note that if your gf is having pregnancy symptoms, but usually has irregular periods, it could be because of her period. that happens a lot. stress will make you late. stress (late period) + weird period = i think i'm pregnant

horrible

I have a baby of 3 months and well, i've not been doing really well about my weight.. i was already a little overweight before and now i have 50lbs to lose!!!! it's not great at all!! Any new mummies who use xenical?? I've been told that xenical is efficient but i dont' want to rush into buying anything as it's a little more than what i would normally afford ... I've found xenical at http://www.drugdelivery.ca/s3729-s-XENICAL.aspx and it's cheaper than my local pharmacy... can anyone tell me what i can do to lose 50lbs??

crc0140

I'm not even going to look at that drug link. Don't use it. Breastfeeding would help shed some of the pounds. go for walks with your baby and join a mommy and me yoga or exercise class. It has only been 3 months it took me almost a year to get back to my normal shape after I had my son. It sucks and it is depressing to not look your best but concentrate on your baby and you will be fine.

UnknownWanderer

How easy is it for a guy to walk into a pharmacy and get the morning after pill?

crc0140

If you are over 18 just go up to the counter and fork over 40 bucks and it's yours.

Arjuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownWanderer View Post
How easy is it for a guy to walk into a pharmacy and get the morning after pill?

Not possible, as far as I know. The FDA approved Plan B for OTC sale to women 18 and older. The woman taking the pill has to provide proof of age for this reason, so they have to be present when the pill is purchased.

crc0140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjuna View Post
Not possible, as far as I know. The FDA approved Plan B for OTC sale to women 18 and older. The woman taking the pill has to provide proof of age for this reason, so they have to be present when the pill is purchased.

No, men can buy it, you can even order it through the mail.

Quote:
The approval marks the first time a hormonal contraceptive will be broadly available in the United States without a prescription. The pills, which will be sold as Plan B, will probably cost about $25 to $40 per dose, and men will also be able to buy them.

Arjuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by crc0140 View Post
No, men can buy it, you can even order it through the mail.

Yep, did some more digging, you are correct.

http://www.fda.gov/CDER/drug/infopag...dA20060824.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7b. Can men purchase Plan B? (added 12/14/2006)

Yes. Plan B OTC is approved to allow OTC availability of Plan B for consumers 18 years and older. Plan B remains available by prescription only for women 17 years and younger

Seems like kind of a huge loophole around the whole "approved for women 18 and up" thing (though, I suppose any woman over the age of 18 could buy it and provide it to someone younger as well) but that age limit was political anyway so whatever works

Topsirloin
I'm a closed minded ass with a fuck up for a brother. I should kill myself.

Ok so I have a question, me and my gf have sex, and use a condom. Something has been nagging at me, and today is a perfect exampe of it. We had sex, with a condom, I came, I pulled off the condom and tossed it, we fell asleep for an hour or two, when we woke up we had sex again, starting off with my fingering her. This is all without getting out of bed so no washing hands or shower or anything.
What is the chance that there was semen on my fingers and i could get her pregnant in this instance? What if there was no 2 hour nap in between, would that make a difference? I like to keep myself as educated as possible on this topic and I can't decide for certain if this is risky behaviour. What about if I put on a new condom and we have sex again, could any left over semen on my unit creep out from around the base of the condom and getting her preggers?

Forgive my ignorance and please help. Thanks in advance!