General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatrat2 View Post
First off, what they are talking about is CO2, which is the product of complete combustion.

If you have complete combustion, you still will have global warming, even though you have none of the other pollutants.

Secondly, even if you do everything in your power to reduce CO2, rising populations will undo all your progress. The models I've heard about suggest we could only reduce CO2 to 2003 levels (and this is taking into account generous portions of future tech being developed), which means you would still have global warming going on.

In order for it to actually work, you'll need to do a crash population reduction of about 2/3 (these are estimates found in Global 2000: Report to the President, not my numbers). Feel free to start the process anytime.

Not to mention that livestock grazing is responsible for more greenhouse gas emissions than all the world's autos combined.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Xayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangmonkey View Post
Do you truly beleive that Americans invented cigarettes?

lol, it's like the ever famous guy who called into paul harvey during a spanish/english debate and declared "if english was good enough for jesus it's good enough for me!"

the amount of stupid in the modern world never ceases to amaze me.

fatrat2

Quote:
Not to mention that livestock grazing is responsible for more greenhouse gas emissions than all the world's autos combined.

Try getting rid of cows and see where that gets you.

If it weren't for meat stopping up my digestive system (and keeping me feeling full), I would need a feedbag attached to my ass all day long.

Add to that the fact I simply cannot eat plant based proteins (I get sick from just trying it), and I'd one malnourished motherfucker.

1337rider

http://www.prnewswire.com/news/index...4661425&EDATE=

As long as the ideas implemented to combat pollution and emissions are reasonable and not kneejerk OMGBANTEHV8CARSOMGLOLERSKAYES!!!! , there is no harm in reducing emissions. I just don't want it being used as another reason for big government to regulate my life.

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:

and that pales in comparison to asian rice paddies methane production

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by benthemagnificent View Post
Even if global warming IS (lets not get into that debate here), you have to agree that pumping chemicals into the air is a bad thing. Many major cities have smog warning days now and then and tell joggers that its a bad idea to go running that day. Whether or not we're heating up the planet pollutants in the air already pose a potential health risk.

You stupid fuck stop listening to the people that think you are a stupid fuck

In the ENTIRE United States the level of polution is GASP less than it was 20 years ago. AND GASP the worst place in the US is GASP refusing to let pure hydrogen cars get certified.

LA basin dipshit