General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorForSleep View Post
"The UN says such overflights undermine the credibility of UN peacekeepers who are monitoring a fragile ceasefire in southern Lebanon."

the UN is always good for a hilarious quote

Yeah
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 09-18-2007, 06:54 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#106  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush
 
Tom Kazansky's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy View Post
Can you point to the Declaration of Peace? The US MILITARY flag supplanted the US CIVILIAN flag after the Civil War - the Fed still treats its own civilians like enemy combatants. Nice trick, huh?

If you think I'm joking, Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter mentions the civilian flag.

That is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard in the Pit, and I'm absolutely serious. Wars can end several ways. The complete surrender of a country's armed forces and elimination of the country from existence tends to be one of them. Your point of view is completely stupid. How can the USA and CSA possibly still be at war if the CSA no longer exists independently of the USA?
__________________
ERTW - Engineers Rule The World
Old 09-18-2007, 07:42 PM Tom Kazansky is offline  
Reply With Quote
#107  

ArmorForSleep
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
That is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard in the Pit, and I'm absolutely serious. Wars can end several ways. The complete surrender of a country's armed forces and elimination of the country from existence tends to be one of them. Your point of view is completely stupid. How can the USA and CSA possibly still be at war if the CSA no longer exists independently of the USA?

maybe freddy is the last member
Old 09-18-2007, 07:49 PM ArmorForSleep is offline  
Reply With Quote
#108  

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush
 
Tom Kazansky's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorForSleep View Post
maybe freddy is the last member



I can admit I was wrong about the formal declaration of war thing (thanks for letting me know, I think I knew that a while back but had forgotten this wasn't an official declaration), but man, to demand a declaration of peace after a total surrender and dissolving of one combatant or else it's "still on"? Fighting a ghost.
__________________
ERTW - Engineers Rule The World
Old 09-18-2007, 08:18 PM Tom Kazansky is offline  
Reply With Quote
#109  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorForSleep View Post
maybe freddy is the last member

It's a distant dream of his... that's his dream world you know? Sipping tea on the porch while dem coons pick the massas cotton.
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 09-18-2007, 08:37 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#110  

freddy
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post


I can admit I was wrong about the formal declaration of war thing (thanks for letting me know, I think I knew that a while back but had forgotten this wasn't an official declaration), but man, to demand a declaration of peace after a total surrender and dissolving of one combatant or else it's "still on"? Fighting a ghost.

You aren't too bright. A declaration of Peace is required to return civil liberties...which is why it is NOT DECLARED. There is no interest in the government for doing so.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:03 PM freddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#111  

freddy
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
That is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard in the Pit, and I'm absolutely serious. Wars can end several ways. The complete surrender of a country's armed forces and elimination of the country from existence tends to be one of them. Your point of view is completely stupid. How can the USA and CSA possibly still be at war if the CSA no longer exists independently of the USA?


You just don't get it. This has to do with internal powers extended to the government "only during times of war." That is also why now they are declaring war on ghosts and ideas and non-countries - though they haven't done so "officially." Have you never read Orwell? This is one step further - the enemy doesn't even have to exist and suddenly the government can grab all the power it wants.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:06 PM freddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#112  

Badger_sly
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy View Post
"We never declared war, but the second war was a continuation of the first war."
Yes, because the ceasefire was broke. Pay attention.

Last edited by Badger_sly; 09-19-2007 at 11:52 AM..
Old 09-19-2007, 11:48 AM Badger_sly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#113  

jubjub
TweedleDumber
 
another "hmmmmmmmm.....

Quote:
Israeli commandos seized nuclear material of North Korean origin during a daring raid on a secret military site in Syria before Israel bombed it
__________________
I didn't say that I didn't say it. I said that I didn't say that I said it. I want to make that very clear.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:42 PM jubjub is offline  
Reply With Quote
#114  

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush
 
Tom Kazansky's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy View Post
You aren't too bright. A declaration of Peace is required to return civil liberties...which is why it is NOT DECLARED. There is no interest in the government for doing so.

You're really not in a position to tell me I'm not too bright considering you think the American Civil War is still ongoing in spite of the fact one of the combatants no longer exists.
__________________
ERTW - Engineers Rule The World
Old 09-22-2007, 09:17 PM Tom Kazansky is offline  
Reply With Quote
#115  

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush
 
Tom Kazansky's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy View Post
You just don't get it. This has to do with internal powers extended to the government "only during times of war." That is also why now they are declaring war on ghosts and ideas and non-countries - though they haven't done so "officially." Have you never read Orwell? This is one step further - the enemy doesn't even have to exist and suddenly the government can grab all the power it wants.

Mandatory Orwell reference satisfied.

Any predictions as to when Bush will be compared to Hitler?

Seriously, you're paranoid. What rights are you missing since 9/11? Seriously, what is the government currently doing to you that is affecting your daily life so greatly?
__________________
ERTW - Engineers Rule The World
Old 09-22-2007, 09:18 PM Tom Kazansky is offline  
Reply With Quote
#116  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:54 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.