General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorForSleep View Post
"The UN says such overflights undermine the credibility of UN peacekeepers who are monitoring a fragile ceasefire in southern Lebanon."

the UN is always good for a hilarious quote

Yeah

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy View Post
Can you point to the Declaration of Peace? The US MILITARY flag supplanted the US CIVILIAN flag after the Civil War - the Fed still treats its own civilians like enemy combatants. Nice trick, huh?

If you think I'm joking, Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter mentions the civilian flag.

That is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard in the Pit, and I'm absolutely serious. Wars can end several ways. The complete surrender of a country's armed forces and elimination of the country from existence tends to be one of them. Your point of view is completely stupid. How can the USA and CSA possibly still be at war if the CSA no longer exists independently of the USA?

ArmorForSleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
That is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard in the Pit, and I'm absolutely serious. Wars can end several ways. The complete surrender of a country's armed forces and elimination of the country from existence tends to be one of them. Your point of view is completely stupid. How can the USA and CSA possibly still be at war if the CSA no longer exists independently of the USA?

maybe freddy is the last member

Tom Kazansky

Quote:

I can admit I was wrong about the formal declaration of war thing (thanks for letting me know, I think I knew that a while back but had forgotten this wasn't an official declaration), but man, to demand a declaration of peace after a total surrender and dissolving of one combatant or else it's "still on"? Fighting a ghost.

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:

It's a distant dream of his... that's his dream world you know? Sipping tea on the porch while dem coons pick the massas cotton.

freddy

Quote:

I can admit I was wrong about the formal declaration of war thing (thanks for letting me know, I think I knew that a while back but had forgotten this wasn't an official declaration), but man, to demand a declaration of peace after a total surrender and dissolving of one combatant or else it's "still on"? Fighting a ghost.

You aren't too bright. A declaration of Peace is required to return civil liberties...which is why it is NOT DECLARED. There is no interest in the government for doing so.

freddy

Quote:

You just don't get it. This has to do with internal powers extended to the government "only during times of war." That is also why now they are declaring war on ghosts and ideas and non-countries - though they haven't done so "officially." Have you never read Orwell? This is one step further - the enemy doesn't even have to exist and suddenly the government can grab all the power it wants.

Badger_sly

Quote:
"We never declared war, but the second war was a continuation of the first war."
Yes, because the ceasefire was broke. Pay attention.

Last edited by Badger_sly; 09-19-2007 at 11:52 AM..

jubjub
TweedleDumber

another "hmmmmmmmm.....

Quote:
Israeli commandos seized nuclear material of North Korean origin during a daring raid on a secret military site in Syria before Israel bombed it

Tom Kazansky

Quote:
You aren't too bright. A declaration of Peace is required to return civil liberties...which is why it is NOT DECLARED. There is no interest in the government for doing so.

You're really not in a position to tell me I'm not too bright considering you think the American Civil War is still ongoing in spite of the fact one of the combatants no longer exists.

Tom Kazansky

Quote:
You just don't get it. This has to do with internal powers extended to the government "only during times of war." That is also why now they are declaring war on ghosts and ideas and non-countries - though they haven't done so "officially." Have you never read Orwell? This is one step further - the enemy doesn't even have to exist and suddenly the government can grab all the power it wants.

Mandatory Orwell reference satisfied.

Any predictions as to when Bush will be compared to Hitler?

Seriously, you're paranoid. What rights are you missing since 9/11? Seriously, what is the government currently doing to you that is affecting your daily life so greatly?