General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

DHermit
www.TShirtReview.com

^^ The point is, if you're using this gun to protect the life of your family and/or yourself, spend the extra money and get something reliable.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

zsu2357

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHermit View Post
^^ The point is, if you're using this gun to protect the life of your family and/or yourself, spend the extra money and get something reliable.
It's kinda like Pudah was saying not everyone has the money so they do what they can.
It's sorta like waiting to fix the seat belts in your car with a fancy pair a couple of paydays down the road instead of what you can afford to keep your family safe.

Pudah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHermit View Post

A hi-point is more reliable that no gun. I never had any issue with mine except for in rapid fire situations, and that was fixed in about 30 seconds and it was the magazine not the gun. Maybe I just got lucky and I think too well of their quality, but I also think most detractors think too poorly of their quality to be fair.

Money doesnt always equal reliability. Jaguar vs Honda for example... or maybe a lot of 1911s... fine, expensive firearms. Fun to shoot, good looking pieces. Notoriously buggy.

Founding [M]ember of the Blizzard in my sig club.
Blizzard Entertainment
131 Theory
Irvine, CA 92612

tmoney1876

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudah View Post
A hi-point is more reliable that no gun. I never had any issue with mine except for in rapid fire situations, and that was fixed in about 30 seconds and it was the magazine not the gun. Maybe I just got lucky and I think too well of their quality, but I also think most detractors think too poorly of their quality to be fair.

Money doesnt always equal reliability. Jaguar vs Honda for example... or maybe a lot of 1911s... fine, expensive firearms. Fun to shoot, good looking pieces. Notoriously buggy.

No issues except rapid fire situations? You mean like self defense situations? You have to find the "right ammo" or fix the mags and/or feed ramp?

Sounds like a piece of shit.

Bravo to the OP for becoming a gun owner, but replace that thing as soon as you can. Going out and buying the cheapest possible anything rarely works out for the best. If you are using this for self defense, do you want to cheap out on protecting yourself?

armage

my 1911 hasnt ever jammed... it hasnt rtb fully before, but I just smack it on the ass. (This is usually if I havent cleaned it in a month, and only on the first mag.) But thats why I own a glock. I agree with "having a gun is better than no gun" and Im happy to see another gun owner exercising their right. I have no personal experience with hi-points, but I do have a obsession with crappy little .25 pocket pistols, and most of those are garbage. Nothing a little care and propper ammo cant fix.

Pudah

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoney1876 View Post
No issues except rapid fire situations? You mean like self defense situations? You have to find the "right ammo" or fix the mags and/or feed ramp?

Sounds like a piece of shit.

Bravo to the OP for becoming a gun owner, but replace that thing as soon as you can. Going out and buying the cheapest possible anything rarely works out for the best. If you are using this for self defense, do you want to cheap out on protecting yourself?

Let me clarify. It ran fine rapid fire on anything except for HP rounds. I read how to fix it online, took a needle nose pliers to the magazine (one was fine actually), and from then on out it was fine in any situation. Also, I don't know about you, but self defense =! rapid fire. You may pop off a few rounds quickly, but you should be firing slowly enough to be hitting your target and staying on target. You should shoot until it stops moving, but you dont want to blow through all of your ammo right away either. I've not seen any training that teaches home defense as rapid fire. The rapid fire I was doing when it jammed was unloading the magazine as fast as my finger could pull the trigger. There was no aim involved. Either way, it was easily fixed, and ANY firearm can have issues with certain ammo, magazines, etc.

Blizzard Entertainment
131 Theory
Irvine, CA 92612

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

This is an interesting read, I considered hi-point a while back but decided to wait since they were pretty new. It would be my first own pistol. Sounds like some of you have mixed feelings about Bersa, and I've considered Taurus.

A semi auto would be cooler I guess, otherwise a revolver is fine by me. That's the only Taurus i shot, it was a 357. Never tried a Bersa anything.

Pudah

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
This is an interesting read, I considered hi-point a while back but decided to wait since they were pretty new. It would be my first own pistol. Sounds like some of you have mixed feelings about Bersa, and I've considered Taurus.

A semi auto would be cooler I guess, otherwise a revolver is fine by me. That's the only Taurus i shot, it was a 357. Never tried a Bersa anything.

I dont know that you'll find a lot of shops renting these pistols, but if you know anyone that owns them the best thing you can do is to go shooting with them. Try them out and see what fits you hand, feels, right and try them in a lot of different scenarios to see how they perform for yourself. Also, asking someone that owns and shoots them will get you a far more accurate representation that what you'll find from most opinions here, or for that matter from a dealer or some schmuck at a gun show. They all have their best interests first, and so many people judge certain guns, for better or worse, without ever having touched one.

Blizzard Entertainment
131 Theory
Irvine, CA 92612

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudah View Post
I dont know that you'll find a lot of shops renting these pistols, but if you know anyone that owns them the best thing you can do is to go shooting with them. Try them out and see what fits you hand, feels, right and try them in a lot of different scenarios to see how they perform for yourself. Also, asking someone that owns and shoots them will get you a far more accurate representation that what you'll find from most opinions here, or for that matter from a dealer or some schmuck at a gun show. They all have their best interests first, and so many people judge certain guns, for better or worse, without ever having touched one.

We have a gun range near by they rent a lot of different shit, I don't even remember what it's been a while. Maybe not hipoint

Guess i should make some friends there.