General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

aoeoae

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

aoeoae

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Roasted some PTO because my boss asked me to, I haven't taken an actual vacation in at least 2yr, plus ITS GOOD FOR THE COMPANY

I went to my parents vacation house in Carmel by the sea, using it as a starting point to go hunt carmel valley (~40 mins away)

I tried to zero my rifle at a local range on my way down from the bay, had a SEVERE malfunction. My fault, I put the firing pin retaining pin in backwards. The pin backed out on my fifth or sixth shot, SLAMMED into the back of the ejection port. Could not straighten it out. Very inconvenient time to break my gun, no stores had pins of any kind, or complete bolt carrier groups. I had to modify a generic cotter pin I bought at a Home Depot in Monterey, use it. Next day I went to the range to re-zero, and to test the pin. Went pretty well.

Have never made this left hand turn before...

Front of the range from the parking lot

Rifle and handgun side (other half is only handgun i think)

back towards the parking lot

walking back, rifle spots have the option of running 50, 100, or 150y targets which is awesome

brass catching net is great, very glad I finally decided to buy one

I zeroed for 50y

then went to the 100, most of the shots are my hand loads. I am seeing signs of over-pressure, which is odd, these bullets are well under the recommended maximum for this projectile/this powder. I had one distended firing pin/primer strike mark, another case had the firing pin strike completely punched out of the primer! I recovered the nub from the inside of my bolt which I had never dismantled and cleaned before.

I wish all ranges were like this, it's perfectly laid out, all the shooting stalls have total cover from the sun, and the pricing is reasonable. Though, it looks like they shut down whenever there is a major racing event at the track, that would be irritating.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

monday morning, hit the road at about 5am, we were sort of on the right track

but... guy with the maps got sort of lost, we had to spend a lot of time finding a good entry point

road dead ended at this weird "mountain center," a sign closer to civilization said that the monks at this mountain center were cloistered, not receiving guests. middle of f'ing nowhere, probably very peaceful without bumbling retards doing u-turns / taking smoke&vape breaks thru their parking lot

backtracked a little, went up to a trail head

there was a box at the trail marker with a notepad. this is the most recent entry from the prev weekend. we saw a handful of deer, and saw lots of traces of them.

map guy second guessed this route, said that the trail he wanted to be on was not supposed to have this much uphill

pissed

this is where we eventually ended up, and hiked about a mile down

idle conversation turned to "hey when does zone D9 close" "idk let me check" (map guy pulls up his phone, he has CDFW document downloaded to phone memory)

"..."

"the season for <the zone we're in, and attempting to hunt> ended yesterday"

FUCK!

So that was the end to another successful hiking trip with ~20lbs of worthless ballast (bows, guns, ammo, hunting licenses that are now toilet paper.) I did not get mad at him, reality is, I was just as capable of checking this document, checking what date this zone was going to close, but I didn't, it didn't even occur to me that ANY zone would close this early on!

I have other options for hunting this year, I could buy a bear tag for northern-northern california, or I could waste my time down in Bakersfield where I drew a deer tag - - but I will probably just call it. I want to have a dedicated hunting rifle, not bang around with my super heavy and unwieldy long range gun.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

dag

dag

dag

sliced up some london broil, marinated overnight, teriyaki, sesame seed, paprika, red pepper flake

into the traeger, "smoke" setting only, no heat, average about 167F

at the 90 minute mark, i flipped them and rearranged... some parts of the smoker get hotter than others

2.5hr

finished product. Hickory smoke is totally overpowering, too many of the pieces are "woody," reminds me of eating sunflower seeds with the shell. The thicker pieces that are still tender are quite good. I think I will cut the smoking time down to two hours, and open the vents on the front so less smoke is produced. And my slicing needs to be a lot more consistent.

friends bday party, I tried trimming for the first time... I am not good at it.

estimated to be about an ounce in this thing. I got the F out of the room because I was DD. The ~7 guys who were still standing finished maybe 20% of it.

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

p cool, dude

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Yea

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

dipshit.
royjr
65/m/furry looking for 12/m/top

THERE'S NO HOPE WITH DOPE!!!!!!

But there is with you out getting your hike on, ghetto. GJ, mang.
"I'm done here fuck all of you faggots." -GhEttOrAiD 07-16-2014, 05:10 PM.

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

This was a tremendous waste of mine + my freelance customers' time. Never again. Also fuck inkjet printers in general.

washed it for the next owner, showing it to a couple of people today

the replacement, 2000 MR2 Spyder, Celica GTS swap, widened rear suspension, extra large oil pan... includes a spare motor and track wheels w/ slicks... ~200ish horsepower, car weighs 2150lb, extremely fun car to drive, I have never owned a proper go kart.

Snatching these out of the bargain bin was a mistake, almost eight fifty per pound (wet) for jerky meat... At least it was easy to slice

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Pyramid is trying to get glassjaw back on, not going well

Be careful when resetting your passwords, it sounds like forgotten pw email functionality might kaput?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

At first I thought you meant pyramid was trying to recruit glassjaw back to this place but glass wasn't cooperating

g|aSsJaw
NEW YORK GIANTS SUPERBOWL CHAMPS, ELI MANNING SUPERBOWL 42 MVP

Thank you, Ghettoraid.

I love dicks, balls, manass, in no particular order.

"This crosses the line." - Tex Arcana

"a war of attrition it'll be then, i'll tell you this much i have much more longevity and time for this game than you do" - Redrum

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

alright relaying the acct info thru mike, thank you pyramid

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

this doesn't change anything