Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
[IMG]https://i.im

dude, congrats!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

aoeoae

Quote:
INSTEAD... We ran into a bunch of campers. One camper was camping directly in the path of our trail. When we walked up, he was standing up, pissing into the creek. We paused, then agreed to reroute, look for an alternate way through. We spent the next six hours "rerouting," tramping through tall grass, thick, impassable brush, scaling steep ridges with loose dirt (we both fell a couple of times,) it was really dreadful. By 10am we were both down to our last bottles of water, so we turned back. On our way back, we got to Piss Camp coming the opposite direction... We realized that if we had just gone thru his camp (maybe waited for him to finish his piss?) we literally would have walked up a trail to the section of national forest we spent ALL DAY trying to get to. Fucking insane. Epic clusterfuck.
WTF. you walked off trail because you saw another human camping on it? 99% of campers are cool. fuck i've let others use my gear sometimes too, or spent hours helping others who were in situations. putting a tent down doesn't mean he owns the land. pissing into a body of water is not cool so it sounds like rubes abound. "hey man, sorry for walking through" is all it takes. if he gets mad, fuck him.

rule of thumb is that off-trail travel takes 3-5x longer than on trail. never do it unless no other option

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

Quote:
Hunting trip this Sunday was a massive failure. Left the house at 4AM, arrived there at about 6:30. Plan was to start out at this dam, walk along the edge of the reservoir, about 2-3 miles in, turn right, drop down into national forest, set up camp, sit and wait for some deer.

INSTEAD... We ran into a bunch of campers. One camper was camping directly in the path of our trail. When we walked up, he was standing up, pissing into the creek. We paused, then agreed to reroute, look for an alternate way through. We spent the next six hours "rerouting," tramping through tall grass, thick, impassable brush, scaling steep ridges with loose dirt (we both fell a couple of times,) it was really dreadful. By 10am we were both down to our last bottles of water, so we turned back. On our way back, we got to Piss Camp coming the opposite direction... We realized that if we had just gone thru his camp (maybe waited for him to finish his piss?) we literally would have walked up a trail to the section of national forest we spent ALL DAY trying to get to. Fucking insane. Epic clusterfuck.

Friend who had control of the GPS, and had spent weeks/days researching, and had scouted other parts of the forest put the blame on me, said "I told you we needed to sit down and go over the maps last night"

Motherfucker HAS THE MAPS, HAS BEEN JACKING OFF TO MAPS FOR WEEKS, and its my fault? He knew how easy it was, and he still wanted to reroute... I almost strangled him.

I am optimistic about next time, though. We know exactly where to park, [/IMG]

If you woulda let me move in I could've taken the blame :taed:

Now I'm stuck with a methhead and youre stuck with mapfapper e

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

damn ghettos a skinny fuck now

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

You have inspired me to continue my no-alcohol-diet (which consists of a beer once or twice a week instead of 6-8+ beers a night).

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoeoae View Post
WTF. you walked off trail because you saw another human camping on it? 99% of campers are cool. fuck i've let others use my gear sometimes too, or spent hours helping others who were in situations. putting a tent down doesn't mean he owns the land. pissing into a body of water is not cool so it sounds like rubes abound. "hey man, sorry for walking through" is all it takes. if he gets mad, fuck him.

rule of thumb is that off-trail travel takes 3-5x longer than on trail. never do it unless no other option

If I had seen the maps, if I had seen JUST how close we were to getting to our destination I would absolutely have said "yeah let's just wait for him to finish pissing."

...my pal knew exactly how close we were, and yet he went along with it, said, okay lets reroute

and then "okay let's hike up this fucking ridge x3" rather than backtracking to pisscamp immediately

he has a screw loose, no doubt. I almost wonder if it's because he didn't want me taking a deer before him... Rifle hunting is sort of easy mode/casual retard shit compared to bowhunting, maybe he was trying to discourage me and get me to kill myself hiking, spoil any chance of getting a deer before he does.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlisterDick View Post
If you woulda let me move in I could've taken the blame :taed:

Now I'm stuck with a methhead and youre stuck with mapfapper e

your room, and soon the master bedroom is being rented out by tech startup savant guy

he only shows up once or twice a week to party, live frathouse life

he bought our Traeger, bought some Roombas to compensate for the fact he never does dishes or cleans... always brings top tier booze and meats to throw on the grill

and interesting to talk to, generally

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

Quote:
your room, and soon the master bedroom is being rented out by tech startup savant guy

he only shows up once or twice a week to party, live frathouse life

he bought our Traeger, bought some Roombas to compensate for the fact he never does dishes or cleans... always brings top tier booze and meats to throw on the grill

and interesting to talk to, generally

So, better than me on all counts.

I'll allow it.

aoeoae

Quote:
reminds me i need a roomba

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Wildfire smoke was a lot worse back in town, but you can definitely see it in the distance (and when glassing on the range)

12" at 800 meters

10" at 700, with a flasher attached to it. Not really needed at this distance, the hits are totally audible but it will be HUGE for longer range shots at other locations.

8"(?) at 400, I didn't bother trying to get a clear shot at this one. It is challenging because you have no backstop.

VG6 Gamma shredded a hole in my blind. People around me said I had the worst/most obnoxious brake.

I really wish I had gotten myself an AK before the cutoff. This thing is a lot of fun to shoot.

AIX, chambered in 308 and 338

another angle of the shooting line... you see the gun being staged in the middle there... fucking monster. I am set up just to her left. I got BLASTED with dust and rocks, I put my gun away shortly after, I had a round get jammed in the chamber, had to grenade it out.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

looking through the spotting scope at the 700

I think this is 510 DTC, not 100% sure on that designation but - - the gun and/or the ammo is basically a bastardized version of 50 BMG. 50BMG is not legal in Califagistan, but because of the specificity of the ban, these slightly modified versions which generally have the same specs as 50bmg ARE legal .

And here's video of the cannon being fired... That's me at the beginning, then friend on the second half. I got "bitten" by the scope, I blame the fact that I couldn't shoulder-in to the gun enough to stop it from sliding back.
BORKED

not very accurate, spotter who was sort of trying to get her on steel at 800 estimated a 8moa variance. this is factory loaded "mil spec" ammo meant for a machine gun. owner intends to hand load for the gun, it should be a lot more accurate.

Specs on the hand loads... 750GR projectile 2.50 apiece, 240(?) grains of powder... primers are ungodly expensive, you need a special press, special upsized die... cost per round somewhere around 6 or 7 bucks. mind blowing numbers, consider that my pissant little 6.5 creedmoor is 147 grain projectile, ~40gr powder charge.. haha.

Typhoon43

HEEEEEEAVYYYYYYY BAAAAAAAARREL!!!!!

That's all I've got when it comes to people slinging 50 BMG at ranges.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

yeah I would have appreciated some heads up before shots started getting popped off

my gun got gunked up very badly

aoeoae

scramble at the end of this hike. girl in the blue/red almost cried, she'd never been this high or done precarious scrambling. but we made it. 20 miles round trip, 11 hours car to car.

Typhoon43

So "Precarious Scrambling" is an actual term?

In any case, that ledge would have me all kinds of jacked up. Kudos to you for getting out there.

Last edited by Typhoon43; 08-28-2018 at 09:44 AM..